Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8y8jaZ3faN
Constellation

G965U1 Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung --

Where, in the name of all things holy, are the security updates for the unlocked S9+? There has not been an update since **April**.  And no, before you give me instructions to double check for an OTA patch, I am fully aware it isn't me or a problem with my device:  no updates since April have been released for the G965U1 at all.

I am about to get very loud about this. When can we expect the next security update?

T

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why isn't the Galaxy S9 getting updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out.  When Samsung releases an update it is pushed out to the carriers. From there it is up to the carriers to push it out to their customers. We recommend that you reach out to your carrier for your update.

22 REPLIES 22
Stucane
Constellation

Samsung just spat on users! Shame!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung just spat on users! Shame!

Stucane
Constellation

Last news: July security patch now available for the Gala...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last news: July security patch now available for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge in Korea

S9: OKAY....

userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Yes, three updates for the Exynos version, zero for the S...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, three updates for the Exynos version, zero for the SM-G96*U1. So much for their monthly update commitment. 70 days and counting for the S9.

user8y8jaZ3faN
Constellation

Re: I received my June security update from Sprint this morning.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's because you don't have an unlocked, unbranded S9+ model number G965U1, which is what this thread pertains to.

Samsung is not releasing security updates for our phones and if it takes getting some visibility on this via Reddit or a Slashdot post, then so be it. The silence from Samsung is unacceptable.

userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Only three carrier left 🤨

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only three carrier left 🤨

Highlighted
userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

And according to SamMobile all of the carrier branded pho...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And according to SamMobile all of the carrier branded phones got at least an update since the beginning of June. We haven't seen anything since April.

Stucane
Constellation

❗New update rolled out!❗ Security patch level June 1 Si...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

❗New update rolled out!❗

Security patch level June 1

Size 450 Mb

Berserkr78
Constellation

Re: ❗New update rolled out!❗ Security patch level June 1 Si...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Stucane How did you get this? I have tried and I am still in the January 1st security patch. I have tried with WiFi, T-Mobile SIM, AT&T SIM and nothing.

Samsung_YcYtUz7
Astronaut