Did you mean: 
userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Only 74 days without an update, nice job Samsung

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only 74 days without an update, nice job Samsung

user8Y6czdKh9F
Constellation

I have an unlocked S9 Plus and got my update this morning...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked S9 Plus and got my update this morning. I'm on the TracFone Network

userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Why isn't the Galaxy S9 getting updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll be clear, I have the US carrier unlocked version of this phone. SM-G960U1. The latest and greatest firmware was released April 29, 2019 with an April 1 Google Update.

The European phone is on its their July Google Update.

Why has Samsung forgotten about us? I am quickly losing faith that Samsung will continue to actively support this phone model.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why isn't the Galaxy S9 getting updated

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out.  When Samsung releases an update it is pushed out to the carriers. From there it is up to the carriers to push it out to their customers. We recommend that you reach out to your carrier for your update.

I recommend voting with your $$$ and boycotting any futur...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend voting with your $$$ and boycotting any future Samsung purchases phone or otherwise. That is how I'm dealing with my unsatisfaction with my S8 unlocked phone

userpRULIf2OFr
Asteroid

Re: I recommend voting with your $$$ and boycotting any futur...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked S9, purchased directly from Samsung in June 2018.  The last update I got was on March 6, with the January 29 version of the kernel, etc.  (At that time I was on ATT, but I switched to T-Mobile at the end of March.)  I called Samsung support 2 weeks ago and was told to either go to a support facility more than 40 miles from where I live or to try Samsung SmartSwitch (which the support person told me would work on any platform, including Linux).  She said that if SmartSwitch said there was no update available, that would be correct. I ran SmartSwitch and it, like my phone, says my software is up to date. 

This is ridiculous and insulting.  One of the reasons I bought an unlocked phone from Samsung was that I thought I wouldn't have to wait as long for the carriers to process updates.  But instead I'm waiting much longer.  (T-Mobile told me that if I had bought the phone from them, they could force an update to the phone.)   I guess once you buy, Samsung doesn't care about you at all.  This will certainly be a major factor in future purchases by me and my family (who currently have 3 S9s that aren't getting updated), and not just for phones but for all Samsung products. 

ItsDavidTubeHD
Cosmic Ray

meanwhile in Europe: Galaxy S8 and S8+ update rolling out...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

meanwhile in Europe:

Galaxy S8 and S8+ update rolling out w/ July security patch, QR code scanner

While the rollout is first aimed at the Exynos variant of the Galaxy S8, we expect Snapdragon models to get the same features and security patch over the next few weeks. 

In America: ...

Highlighted
userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Hey Look! Samsung released the July Update for the SM-G96...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Look! Samsung released the July Update for the SM-G960F! That means we should see that update in about a year?

userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Just looking closer at the latest update, looks like Sams...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just looking closer at the latest update, looks like Samsung finished working on it June 14th. So only three weeks to deploy to our phones.

userhyo6Q6APD7
Cosmic Ray

Okay, Germany is getting AUGUST.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, Germany is getting AUGUST.