Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

GS9 Pin Required to Power Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I have been using the GS9 since 15th. I set it up changed a few settings and installed the latest push update from T-mobile. I installed all the aftermarket apps and looked for issues. 

After I do all of this I use factory data reset and start again. Nice clean install and setup. 

Today I powered off and for the first time ever I had to enter a pin first. A little bit of research tells me that this is part of the phone security service. If the phone is lost or stolen I can't be powered off which gives me time to locate it.

Does anyone know how to access the settings for this feature? I have no idea why it suddenly started working. I really don't mind using it but I'd like to know how to turn it on and off. 

Thanks, 

CLF 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: GS9 Pin Required to Power Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Turns out that it is smart lock trusted places that allows me to power off without using a pin or fingerprint. Makes perfect sense now. I've never really powered it off when I'm out so I didn't know it could do that. Lol

Thanks again for helping me out with this. 

CLF 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think you can unless you turn off the pin altogether which isn't something you can do with some apps that require some level of security. Not sure why it didn't do this before, maybe you hadn't set a pin yet. My SG7 had this feature too and I never saw any option to turn it off. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Thanks for the info it's good to know. Yes I set the pin every time right away. I am using smart lock safe location and have lock instantly with power key turned on. Yesterday it didn't ask for the pin when I powered off. I think I'll turn off safe location and check if it asks for the pin again.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. 

CLF 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Turns out that it is smart lock trusted places that allows me to power off without using a pin or fingerprint. Makes perfect sense now. I've never really powered it off when I'm out so I didn't know it could do that. Lol

Thanks again for helping me out with this. 

CLF 

View solution in original post