cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4vC4UbNwpH
Constellation

Galaxy S9 ATT unlocked?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I want to pre-order the S9.  I would like to get them as "unlocked".  We are currently with AT&T.  When i go through the purchase options, one of the options is for the phone to come registered with Sprint or Verizon, but not ATT.  Can I not get an unlocked ATT S9?  If not, we may switch to Sprint or Verizon as we would prefer an unlocked phone.  I just want to make sure that I can use the unlocked with ATT.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wildcard30
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S9 ATT unlocked?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buying the phone unlocked will work on At&t or any of the major us carriers.  Buying the At&t version on Samsung.com means it's carrier locked to At&t network.  I always buy unlocked and use on At&t without issue.  If you get the unlocked version Wi-Fi calling won't work.

18 REPLIES 18
Wildcard30
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buying the phone unlocked will work on At&t or any of the major us carriers.  Buying the At&t version on Samsung.com means it's carrier locked to At&t network.  I always buy unlocked and use on At&t without issue.  If you get the unlocked version Wi-Fi calling won't work.

user4vC4UbNwpH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok thank you.  I just thought it was weird the phone could come as pre-registered with Sprint and Verizon but not ATT.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4vC4UbNwpH

Also want to add that if you ended up ordering an AT&T locked model to get those extra features the unlocked phone won't, you can get it unlocked later. As long as it's not financed through AT&T, you can request an unlock code 2 months after you start using them with your post paid account or 6 months on pre paid.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No Visual voicemail on AT&T Either

userBqjOGRUPQM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can download the app on the playstore or on Aptoide.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really? What is app called?..couldn't find anything..

Thanks, Dave

userdm9S1nLh3Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you say wi-fi calling doesn't work on an unlocked S9, are you referring to apps such as WhatsApp or Google Hangouts?  And if yes, is this for all carriers or just ATT?

userZICUGjhgiN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, the ATT wifi calling service that allows you to use wifi signal to make calls if you're in a location that doesn't get good reception.

Sibi Paul
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes,

Samsung Galaxy S9 From USA AT&T Can be Unlocked. 

You Should Get An Unlock Code For That. 

After Getting, Unlock Code Follow This Steps to Unlock Your Device.