cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amberbg1
Constellation

Galaxy S9 Active

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will there be a Galaxy S9 Active? If so any idea of a release date??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S9 Active

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of new devices. 

21 REPLIES 21
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of new devices. 

userujCckjFHwA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forbes just published an article stating that there will be no S9 Active.🤯 I am beyond upset about this. The Active is the only phone I have ever had that lasted beyond 6 months...every phone I have ever had has been ruined due to being dropped on a hard surface, or in one case, into the toilet.😕😄 I have Asperger's Syndrome, as does my son who also handles my phone pretty frequently, and there is a sensory processing/movement disorder that goes along with having the Asperger's. In short, we are very clumsy people who drop things and break them a lot and no amount of occupational therapy or extra care will change that.😉The Active has been a godsend to us because it is the only phone I've ever had that we did not have to suffer replacement and all the headache, cost, Etc that goes along with it. The Active is the only phone I ever felt I got my money's worth out of. I have been very happy with Samsung in general, and the Active in particular, and I've been waiting patiently all summer for the Active to be released this year. Now I'm going to have to find a phone from another line to replace the Active because the other S9s don't appear robust enough to withstand daily life with me. So very heartbroken, Samsung, and I know I am not in the minority here. You've just disappointed millions of people with disabilities, active lifestyles, and other specific needs who were ready to fork over a lot of cash no questions asked to replace our beloved Active 7s and 8s.😭

userhJFdO0iZ3K
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACTIVE LINES ARE MUCH NEEDED THAN THOSE PRETTY PHONES THAT KEEP COMING OUT ,WE NEED DURABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED THE ACTIVE ,HENCE THE NAME !!!!!!! DUH !!!! 

userHElww5blN4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please communicate to Samsung leadership that the active editions have a very loyal following.   I have had every version.  It is the only phone I will buy for my teenage boys.  I will be hard pressed to remain loyal to the brand if they cut my favorite line.  

userIJnPwZ74vc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since, Samsung won't commit to delivering an "Active" version of the S9.  Coupled with industry rumors stating "...there won't be an "S9 Active"" version.   As well as having to deal with the perception that my S7 is slowly being killed off by AT&T's forced updates.

I regrettably, will be moving on to a non-Samsung phone at this juncture, as that pretty little "Edge" wouldn't survive long in my world.   LOL.

Yes, I know, Samsung could careless if I'm a customer or not, as it really doesn't matter to the corporate heads in South Korea one way or another, just like ALL of the large companies here in America, their too big to care. 

Jonathan Mcclure
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for that post I agree with you so much I am avid active supporter and I have a active s 8. I'm a meat department manager which my phone gets blood in-and-out of extreme cold and hot and yeah one of those pretty little phone wouldn't last A-day !!!

Jonathan Mcclure
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for that post I agree with you so much I am avid active supporter and I have a active s 8. I'm a meat department manager which my phone gets blood in-and-out of extreme cold and hot and yeah one of those pretty little phone wouldn't last A-day !!!      

Highlighted
userELbrOxLQPA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Active series has been a a blessing for me, as an active duty military member I heavily rely on the durability of my phone, I love the drop proof and water proof features along with all the other features that make this phone so hardy. I really enjoy using the S8 Active, and I need to know if there will be another one coming. If not I do need to find another phone that can offer similar durability. I like durability but I also like keeping my phone up to date with new software/hardware. Maybe you dont have to launch a brand new redesigned phone, just the same phone with updated hardware. As someone who has been a loyal customer to your brand and products I feel like myself as well as others deserve a more in depth response to our favorite device and it's future. Whether it will be discontinued or delayed. Thank you.

user55AdlwrQnH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Am I eligible to trade my personal phone in for the S9 or S9note?