cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsciulli
Constellation

Galaxy S9+ Constantly Restarting while Charging when Left On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can no longer charge my phone while it is on, I have to power it off or it will constantly restart itself. I'm using the fast charging cable right out of the box. This happens during wireless charging too.

Purchased phone on March 19th and had no issues until March 25th; my battery drained to zero overnight on the 24th- I forgot to plug it into the charger. On the 25th when I plugged phone into the charger and let it get to about 20% or so, it began resetting if plugged into charger and left on. I have to turn the phone off now in order to charge, or ot will just keep periodically restarting and never actually charge.

I purchased my S9+ through Best Buy and I'm going to return it through them for a new device.  I just wanted to put this bug out there in case other ppl are experiencing the same issue.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmsciulli
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9+ Constantly Restarting while Charging when Left On

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up replacing my phone during the return window, and so far I've had no issues with my new one!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @cmsciulli. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and what you've already tried to fix it? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

cmsciulli
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up replacing my phone during the return window, and so far I've had no issues with my new one!

View solution in original post