cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGezjJ03nwP
Asteroid

Galaxy S9 Crashes When Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started a couple weeks ago but my Galaxy S9 that I bought only a few months ago now crashes whenever it starts charging. Once I plug it in, it runs between 3 and 5 seconds before freezing, whether the screen is locked or unlocked, and has to be force restarted while disconnected from a charger to get it working again. I've tried everything I can think of including deleting apps I hadn't had for more than a month prior to the issue starting, trying different methods of charging (wireless and wired with both manufacturer and non-manufacturer chargers), booting in safe mode, and factory resetting the phone. I also have an identical model as my work phone and have used it with the same apps and chargers and it has no issues.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userlx5UhMikvd
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 Crashes When Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLUTION:

Its neccesary to uninstall the app

"LIGHT MANAGER".

👍🏼

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userGezjJ03nwP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did. It appeared to help briefly and extended the run time while charging to almost a minute before it crashed again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. I would recommend a service repair. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userg9tJNnT1Cw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same problem how can i fix it?

userGezjJ03nwP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far it appears you can't. 

user68aGJccw1T
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started a couple weeks ago but my Galaxy S9 that I bought only a few months ago now crashes whenever it starts charging. Once I plug it in, it runs between 3 and 5 seconds before freezing, whether the screen is locked or unlocked, and has to be force restarted while disconnected from a charger to get it working again. I've tried everything I can think of including deleting apps I hadn't had for more than a month prior to the issue starting, trying different methods of charging (wireless and wired with both manufacturer and non-manufacturer chargers), booting in safe mode.

I have the same issue, only way I can charge the phone is by turning it off.  Any known fixes?

user68aGJccw1T
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Help

userlx5UhMikvd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same problem, someone have the solución?

@userGezjJ03nwP

@user68aGJccw1T

@userg9tJNnT1Cw 

user1YMOLuUMtT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

mine just started to do this too.  it appears its a fairly recent problem. there was an update recently. could that have something to do with it?