cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryiaBOnC5nq
Asteroid

Galaxy S9 Front Camera Face Unlocked Has My Face Half Way Off The Screen Toward The Left Side

Several weeks ago I think with one of the updates, my front facing camera became off centered. When I use face unlock and stare directly at the phone, my face is half way off the screen on the left side. I tried all the usual tactics:

1. Reseting camera functions.

2. Choosing between the one person and multi person buttons as suggested

3. Toggling "Quick Review" on and off.

among other things. Nothing has helped. It's like the camera is no longer focusing directly outward from the phone but off to the side at an angle. I have to tilt my phone to unlock it and it's the same if I were to take a selfie.

I have an Unlocked Galaxy S9 purchased through Samsung. Anyone have any idea as to what is causing this problem and how to fix it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S9 Front Camera Face Unlocked Has My Face Half Way Off The Screen Toward The Left Side

Have you tried testing your camera in safe mode to see if this still happens?

useryiaBOnC5nq
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S9 Front Camera Face Unlocked Has My Face Half Way Off The Screen Toward The Left Side

Yeah I tried safe mode and it still happens.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you don't mind providing your model number and IMEI in a PM here so I can further look into this for you?

userrx9clNiMes
Constellation

I had this issue earlier this morning, my fix was turning...

I had this issue earlier this morning, my fix was turning off bixby enhancer and everything should work itself out. As always bixby ruins another feature on your $1,000 phone (:

useryiaBOnC5nq
Asteroid

Re: I had this issue earlier this morning, my fix was turning...

Tried this and no go. When I try to Force stop the app as highlighted in your pictures, it just seems to still keep running when I leave the menu. I also can't toggle the "scene optimizer" on and off.

userrx9clNiMes
Constellation

Update: the feature you have to disable is called "scene...

Update: the feature you have to disable is called "scene optimizer"

useryiaBOnC5nq
Asteroid

Re: Update: the feature you have to disable is called "scene...

That option is already turned off on mine. Won't even let me turn it on. It's disabled permanently for whatever reason