cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Galaxy S9 Plus Charging Port

My Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has had problems changing via the usb port. I went to an authorized Samsung repair shop (Ubreakifix) and it was determined that there is corrosion in the charging port. Upon further inspection, they stated that no water damage indicated. My phone has never been sprayed nor submerged in saltwater. As well as never submerged in freshwater. 

Unfortunately, my phone's warranty expired back in August 2019. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I do have Asurion insurance (replacement for $200) or $150+ to replace the charging port through the shop.  Rather frustrating considering the S9+ is supposed to be I68 rated!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S9 Plus Charging Port

I have the same issue and the charging port has never seen water. To get it to charge I reboot the phone and wait for the blue light to go off. Once it turns off you must plug in the charger. If you plug in the charger before the blue light turns off or after it turns on you phone wont charge. And you will get the warning again on your phone.. It's horrible restating you phone just to charge it or after charging it..

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you updated your software recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Screenshot_20200127-101654_System updates UI.jpg

@SamsungLarry software was updated as indicated in the above screenshot. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could I have your model number and IMEI number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

This is a wide spread problem with the inputs and the aux is damaged contacts and the answer is more durable parts and quality construction. Still Samsung is my favorite. Thanks...

Highlighted
Astronaut

U need to get an Otterbox defender protective case for your phone.   It covers all holes and ports on your s9 giving it much more protection

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you @Gardo2161. I  feel that Samsung should honor the fact that the S9 Plus is marketed as Water Resistance IP68 and yet it is NOT. I purchased the S9 Plus solely based upon the I68 rating. "Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes." Obviously, it isn't! My phone has never been submerged! Samsung has said it's my responsibility to pay to have the charging port repaired. I still like the Samsung product line, although dissatisfied with the fact they won't back their claims of the I68 rating and repair my phone at their cost.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Corrosion is form when charging a device while it has any form of liquid in the port or charging charging cable. For this matter i would repair the port instead of going thru  insurance . Insurance gives you a device that is worked on with 3rd party part which is not good .

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would  be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of your charging port in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2