Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userld
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see this problem posted here about other phones with no solution but nothing about the S9 Plus. Whenever I play music, Spotify, Google, I-Heart, Pandora, Tune-In etc, after 20/30 minutes the app pauses. And if app iis in full screen mode the screen will not sleep. We have tried everything. Check battery and all settings, reinstalled apps one at a time, factory reset. Nothing worked. 

Spent time online with Samsung and hours in T-Mobile store with zero luck. They finally exchanged the phone. New phone worked till software update and now has same problem. Did 2 more resets with no luck. Anyone having this problem? Anyone from Samsung with solution? Very annoying and frustrating. Please help!.. LD 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: .Re: Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpj31ZGgp3I Looking through the thread, it seems you've exhausted all of our troubleshooting suggestions. At this point, I would recommend repair services. For phones you have a few options available. You may check with your carrier to see what options they can provide, take the device to a Samsung Experience shop located inside a Best Buy store, or we can set up a service ticket for you to ship the phone to us so that one of our technicians can take a look at it. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. 

178 REPLIES 178

Re: Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope.  Working here and I have 2/29 update.  Fully unlocked variant.

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
userHqn253E0gh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problems, everything stops playing after my galaxy s9 went to sleep.  For me it works when I stopped the Mobile data. Hope it helps for someone. 

koronawllime
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I had this issue for forever. Even when I switched to my S9 +. I was browsing a thread and someone suggested to uninstall Go Weather. Ever since then I have not had this issue. For whatever reason I believe certain apps disrupt the audio streaming. I advise eliminating some apps & see if this helps. I tried numerous suggestions and for whatever stupid reason this did the trick.

userld
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I've tried resetting and only installed music apps one at a time with no luck. They still stop playing. I was escalated to higher Samsung Tech Support and finally found someone who said Samsung is aware of the problem and should be addressed next update 8.1... Problem now is how long that will take and how come they had several complaints with same problem on the S8 and it wasn't fixed?

People in T-Mobile store and on some forums still don't seem to be aware of this. But people in the You Break We Fix, authorized Samsung repair store, are also aware of this. 

userld
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I've tried resetting and only installed music apps one at a time with no luck. They still stop playing. I was escalated to higher Samsung Tech Support and finally found someone who said Samsung is aware of the problem and should be addressed next update 8.1... Problem now is how long that will take and how come they had several complaints with same problem on the S8 and it wasn't fixed?

People in T-Mobile store and on some forums still don't seem to be aware of this. But people in the You Break We Fix, authorized Samsung repair store, are also aware of this. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, everyone, would you mind providing us with some information about your device if you are still seeing this behavior?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWd3pxiNBJF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s9 plus pauses Pandora after a few songs. It said something about media being muted so it pauses.  frustrating!

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, it does sound really frustrating, @userWd3pxiNBJF. If you would like help with this, I just need a few pieces of information from you:

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWd3pxiNBJF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model:  sm-g965u1

Baseband; g965u1ue1arbg

Carriar; verizon