Hey, I hope you are doing well, @Jyotirachel.
Did you attempt the step from above?
Hey, @usercRz0QwYbQM, have you attempted to clear your device's cache partition?
1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.
Let me know if that helps!
Hey, @Jyotirachel, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if this was able to help you out.
If you need help with anything else, please let us know!
Alright, thanks for getting back to me, @Jyotirachel. Can you attempt to soft reset?
1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let us know how it responds.
Yes it is fustrating, it seems to be only happening with one online/streaming radio station I listen to 90% of the time. Pandora and my music player is now working like it should.
I just got an S9 from T-Mobile and am having the same issue. When I am playing music in shuffle play mode with Google Play Music, it just randomly stops after a certain length of time - maybe 20 minutes or longer. I have to go back into the app and restart it like it wasn't running in the first place. I never had this issue on my previous Pixel phone.