cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVJjcYpliSB
Asteroid

Re: .Re: Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i thought this problem was fixed because i went camping for a week and didn't have any issues at all this past week listening while using navigation, and this morning things seemed to be going ok except for iheart radio needing me to go back and restart every time i opened a new app - but then about 30 minutes ago it went back to doing what it's been doing all along - requiring me to press play every 5 seconds (if not more frequently, sometimes it's constantly play - immediate pause - play - immediate pause).

i won't resort to threats like those more recent posts, but this is disappointing for sure.

i need a good fix please.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a try. This can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

userpj31ZGgp3I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Larry - has this been reported up to management and engineering or do we need media sites to publicly list this thread?

Please stop posting guesses. Post solutions.

Result - it lists one app crash.

Not multiple/continual issues at times that coincide with the audio issues I am experiencing.

user8LvRTT0dzG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope.  No apps listed with issues, but Spotify still shuts off every 5-10 mins.  Like userpj31ZGgp3I posted, stop throwing out random suggestions if you don't know it'll work. 

Really don't wanna put you guys on blast using social media sites but you sure are making it difficult.

userQcLkCdeIep
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I might have fixed this on my S9 plus. All my music apps were stopping very frequently.

So I started my phone in safe mode to see if music would play uninterrupted, but all my music apps wouldn't open in safe mode as they were downloaded after purchase; including Samsung music. So  I restarted phone regularly.

I also cleared the data in Google Play music.

So far music has played perfectly. It's also giving me the opportunity to see which apps might be causing the issue. Since the safe mode boot I've had to re enable certain apps like Android messaging and gboard keyboard (which has reverted back to the Samsung defaults) and so far no issues.  If more apps need to be re enabled and music stops again I'll have found the culprit.

Fingers crossed it holds.

userpj31ZGgp3I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Good luck userQcLkCdeIep. Thanks for sharing.

Never thought I'd buy a phone with a notch, but I bought a OnePlus 6 and it should arrive early this week.

Aside from this issue, I am frustrated by fingerprint sensor
which has always been finicky compared to the s7edge (but mainly things like- hot day in my pocket and it tries to unlock "47 times", or the "hold the home button to wake" triggers if the screen is facing inward).
It is also getting slower to load apps etc.
+Bixby (#justgiveupalready)..
+Double tap power button to load camera is awkward and slower than on the s7 edge (which I like much better than this phone). I bought the s9+ for the camera and found this very disappointing.

I haven't listened to music or books too much since the last time mine stopped mid-play, but did get an hour of Google TTS today at the gym.

Not sure exactly what might have helped in my case.
I note a lot of apps (not all) seem to have lost my preferences - I'd only cleared cache, not data....
Maybe some aren't back online yet.. will have to note what happens after logging them back in.
userpj31ZGgp3I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did not last for me.

First time it stoped this morning, I unlocked the screen to find I had a Google commute notification.
Sound was set to silent at the time.

I cleared that. Started TTS again..

Then it stoped twice more without any visible notifications..
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpj31ZGgp3I Looking through the thread, it seems you've exhausted all of our troubleshooting suggestions. At this point, I would recommend repair services. For phones you have a few options available. You may check with your carrier to see what options they can provide, take the device to a Samsung Experience shop located inside a Best Buy store, or we can set up a service ticket for you to ship the phone to us so that one of our technicians can take a look at it. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. 

View solution in original post

userpj31ZGgp3I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungJecca,

If I do anything other than install the OTA update that will fix the phone, it will be to sell the phone. The unit is not faulty, the software is. Others report factory resets and replacement units only to see the issue return.

The OnePlus 6 is a great phone in comparison and I can see why tech reviewers are rating it so highly despite lacking some features and being cheaper. I have found so many apps run better and have greater options/flexibility. Simple example - bluetooth headphones show battery level in the status bar without installing anything or their companion app.

If you research this sound issue on the internet in general, as opposed to this forum only, you will note this issue has affected galaxy phones since the S8. 

Any coincidence this is when Bixby was baked in?

userL7ozksfPwh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought Galaxy S9 Plus for a week ago and I had the same issue here.

And it varies with the bluetooth device. I have a JBL Go and the sound just stops. I have no sound anymore after 10, 15 minutes playing with this product.

In my car, it stutters. The sound pauses and after 3 seconds, continues to play "normally". 

There is an option on Bixby voice that indicates it can turn on/off the bluetooth and by default it is activated. After turn this option off  and make all suggestions in this forum unfortunately the problems was not solved yet. It was my last try! I turned power saving mode off, deactivated and stopped all Bixby services etc. I did everything suggested here and... I have nothing to do anymore.

So, I've read here the Samsung probably would fix in a future software update . Is this comment official? Is there a position from the company about this problem?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your attention!