cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what happens if you have done all the steps Samsung Techs and your carrier Techs have wanted you to do to include factory resetting your phone 4 times and putting it in safe mode, but the problem is still there? its been 2mths and it seems nothing is going to be done.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G960U

ATT

This is getting really old.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzVrkQLVlJD What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything to try to troubleshoot this issue, and this has to be addressed in the next update

This is really frustrating, I have been dealing with this issue for over a month now

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's insane that people are still having this problem after all this time with such an expensive device. Samsung needs to react to these forums.  Don't they realize there are other phones available?

I started this tread after trying everything with my S9 Plus. Hours with T-Mobile and

Samsung Tech support and trying all suggestions, but still all music apps were pausing.

To this day I can't say for sure what fixed it. I turned off the annoying Bixby AND there was an update one day for Google and since that time I have had no problem with this issue.

So my unprofessional advice is to reset your phone.. Turn off Bixby (and hope Samsung makes it goes away on the new S10!) and make sure you have all the latest updates from Google and your provider. If that doesn't work, LG makes a pretty cool phone. Peace 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried uninstalling newer apps, to no avail. I reset the phone as it is relatively new. Nothing. I tried uninstalling Facebook but for some reason cannot get it totally off my phone. But I did disable it.

Today, I turned off all apps running in the background, turned off the smart pause/mute button, and shut down Bixby.  So far so good. However, I have not had the phone on the charger yet, and I think that the media pausing issue occurred more often when charging. I will soon find out.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I enabled the data saver function.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I watched a couple hours of YouTube this evening and alternated between not charging and charging, about half and half. There were no pauses while my Samsung S9 was not charging. There were pauses when it was charging. It sounds like this might be part of the issue. I believe this pausing happened before while I was charging, but I wasn't paying that much attention to it at that time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, this is really frustrating. 

So many people have been dealing with this issue for almost a year now, and its absolutely insane that Samsung has not yet fixed this problem yet.  This is a $1000 phone we are talking about, and I definitely will be considering switching back to another phone. 

I have no idea what to do, and I listen to music a lot on my phone.  I have tried everything, but it always goes back to pausing every couple of minutes.  I bought this phone only two months ago, and if there are going to be issues like this again, I don't think I am going to buy any more Samsung phones.  Is there going to be any update that fixes this problem?!?!

*tried disabling Bixby

*safe-mode

*factory reset

*tried uninstalling certain apps

Model number - SM-G965U

Baseband - G965USQS3BRK2

Carrier - T-Mobile

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to figure this out asap, I've always talked up galaxies over iPhones but this issue is making me regret it, random solutions and telling people to take it to get repaired is ridiculous when obviously it's a software issue, word of a software update to fix it almost a year ago yet my phone started doing this yesterday and it's so frustrating I wanted to break it. FIGURE THIS OUT AND FIX IT IT CANT BE THAT DIFFICULT JESUS CHRIST