cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried going to optimize your battery and disabling the applications that are pausing the music to see if this resolves your concerns.

Settings>Apps> 3 dot menu > Special access  >Optimize battery usage > Disable for the apps pausing music.

Let us know if this resolves your concerns so we can look further into it if not.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

John21042
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought a S9 and had this exact problem with Pandora.   Adjusted the setting so Pandora wasn't "battery optimized" and  it's been working perfectly since then.  I don't understand why Samsung doesn't "unoptimize" all known music streaming apps as a default.  I also don't understand why Samsung Support doesn't make this problem easier to find and post this fix. 

userST9lygtbiz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue and I have been searching for a solution in the web but nothing fixed it. So I guess we'll have to wait for a new patch to have it fix.

*Model Number : SM-G965W

* Baseband Version: G965WVLS3CSAG

* Carrier: Videotron

Do you guys when will be the next update to fix it?  I am so used to the samsung music app so it's really frustrating.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link:http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

userZc5Ve2DHGa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This whole problem i believe is related with permissions of some kind. I turned on some pull menus somewhere in settings and this problem occured. I cant remember where it was. It popped up at some point and i thought it was a good idea i turn all of them on. It had something to do with apps running when phone is locked. When i listen to music with an other music app than samsung music it works fine. Im going to try and find that menu but it either is not in general settings but in some other menu somewhere (not in samsung music settings)

userZc5Ve2DHGa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me it was as simple as uninstalling samsung music and re installing it. The problem is solved

userW9jNu02EWy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Might be a solution..go to settings-> lockscreen->smartlock->unlock phone by pin# or biometric->trusted devices and pair up devices such as bluetooth headset or vehicle stereo.

There is also a spot for trusted locations such as your home,friends home on the same page.

It says it will bypass the screenlock if you pair up your phone through this procedure..

userBwkcxL7kJh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had tried all of the solutions posted but still had the problem of my phone shutting off while streaming a readio station through Tune in Radio App. What ended up working for me is to go into Settings > Optimize Battery Usage > Click down arrow that says "apps not optimized" and select all > turn off the app you are streaming with. I am now able to stream the station without the app shutting down. 

Highlighted
dmuma55
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is beautiful, the absolute answer to the problem. Thank you!!!

userdxSyW00L89
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What worked for me was going to bluetooth, details, gear sign, and unpairing then repairing my bluetooth device.

UPDATE Nevermind it seems to still be pausing music albeit a lot less now. It was working fine until I installed system update 11 on my S9.