cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 Plus music apps pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. iheart radio with constant skips and various times between skips. I tried many of the so called solutions here but to no avail, nothing works! 1000$ phone you have got to be kidding me. 

This is part of the solution: "They finally exchanged the phone. New phone worked till software update and now has same problem."

Seems to me that one of the software updates is actaully causing this problem to manifest so we have no choice but to deal with it.

Samsung, you need to find out which part of the software update is causing the issue. No amount of having it 'repaired' will make any difference when a brand new phone has the same problem AFTER being updated. You will need to have one of your technicians analyze the problem starting with a new non-updated phone and go from there.  Similar complaints here. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/S9-Plus-crackling-stuttering-audio/td-p/441387/page...

I've also found YouTube video's with many of the same complaints. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I understand this can be very frustrating for you. Are you having these issues with only third party music apps?

Rob
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes the problem exists only when using bluetooth. So far only tested with iheart radio. 

It's a new Onkyo stereo that I've tested with iphones but without issues. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to the app developer regarding this.

Rob
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll try reinstalling the app as nothing else seems to be working.  

Nope, tried reinstalling app, still skipping, same as everyone else using other apps. music skips very annoying. 

Update: After further testing it was revealed that the skipping problem went away after I removed the phone cover and also moved the phone very close to my 2018 model Onkyo reciever. I have to lean the phone up against the reciever or set it a foot or two away at the most, it will not stream correctly any further away than that.

It seems there is a very weak signal from the bluetooth radio on this phone.  

By comparison using the same Onkyo reciever my wife's iphone using bluetooth can stream music from 40 feet away without any issues so I don't believe the issue is on the recieving end. 

usernPzTJNeezq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrevor I am having this problem but only since I updated to the new Pi software update a few weeks ago, it is so annoying!! I have the Samsung S9 purple with Verizon.

userpqXy4OhyBm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, music apps pauses after some minutes/seconds on the background.

* Model Number: SM-G9600

* Baseband Version: G9600ZCS4CSD1

* Carrier: Telcel (Mexico)

userpqXy4OhyBm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got this issue solved in my Galaxy S9+ by disabling the Adaptive Battery setting. Now my spotify music still plays even on Optimized and Medium Power Saving.

Settings - Device Care - Battery - Three dots options - Settings - Adaptive Battery (disable it).

I hope this helps someone else Smiley Wink

userNPVqKhyzDP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Spotify stops as soon as the screen times out.

SM-G960F

G960FXXS4CSDH

TeleChoice (Australia)

userjGKtyMIjOW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sm- g965u

G956usqu6csgf

Sprint