Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Steven A S
Asteroid

Galaxy S9 Software keeps updating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked update for Samsung Galaxy S9 via settings 'Software update' @ noon today.  Did the update.  Now 2 hours late there's a new update already.  Is my phone not detecting that I already have the latest update?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Galaxy S9 Software keeps updating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what was the software build number in the settings > about phone? that is the only way to check to see if u r receiving different versions or stuck on same version over and over again.

15 REPLIES 15
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what was the software build number in the settings > about phone? that is the only way to check to see if u r receiving different versions or stuck on same version over and over again.

Steven A S
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You are right!!!

Before today I had build #:
R16NW.G960USQU1ARB7, Android Security patch level: February 1, 2018.

At noon (U.S. Pacific Time), I updated to build #: R16NW.G960USQU3ARG7, Android Security patch level: July 1, 2018.

At around 2:20 PM PST, I updated to build #: R16NW.G960USQS3ARG8, Android Security patch level: August 1, 2018. Sigh.... thank goodness for screenshots.

Thank you 'userbcMKA9DSlI' for your help.
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i'm glad i could've been helpful~! Smiley Happy

userVxNnI2F32X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userVxNnI2F32X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Why allways it says updating your system?
userVxNnI2F32X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Something wrong with the software of s9? Why always says ukdating your system?

user4Vh2G8dpVP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love getting a software update. It means our phones are not forgotten and improving.

userAoVbvtKSmm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate the software updates.... most of the changes they make are horrible and make things much harder; i.e. on the home page now my bottom row of most used Apps no longer say what they are.  Yes, they are my regular and I know them, but it's annoying.  The internet is horrible; you have to go through 3 steps to get to the Bookmarks.  Just nothign in this update makes sense; it's all more steps and battery life definitely does not last as long.   SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!

BaByGuRL923
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sick of the updates!! Like you said the bottom icons have no names and text messages don't show the names either!! And why are the emojis so big on the keyboard now? I think my phone has updated at least 4 times in the past month  My husband and I gott our phones at the SAME TIME but he has never had an update and it says it's software is up to date. He doesn't have any of these annoying features. I don't get it. And when I click remind me later, the alert goes away, and then a couple of hours later updates on its own!!! I'm sick of it. It almost makes me want to switch to iPhone 😖