cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userltNS1AxYK3
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S9+ battery deterioration after Pie Update

when is a samsung employee coming over to my house to do all of this to my phone ... last time I checked I didnt work for samsung ... 

userJXI9QwTXrl
Constellation

Should we just turn off the phone when not using it?? We should not have to take all these extra steps Samsung.

userwRk996LgaY
Constellation

The problem is that those settings made minimal difference before the update. I used to get 2 to 3 days of battery life. Now I get 1 maybe 2.  With the recent release of the S10, I can't help but feel like this is planned obsolescence.

opus_two
Constellation

@SamsungQue 

<edit> Fix the drain! The phone was performing great AND in the configuration I had it in, until this upgrade

Furthermore apps hide when my fingers get close to the home icon and it broke a couple of apps.

This will be my last Samsung if NOT addressed and considering I was interested in upgrading to a note. not now

userxveOaaMTnU
Constellation

From your lips to Samsung ears! Amen brother!

user6vOj2jfBNV
Constellation

if before the update we didn't have to adjust all these settings for the battery life, then why would we need to after the update. this is a bologna answer from Samsung. my phone isn't even a year old and the battery drain is crazy since the update to pie. I'll be submitting it for warranty repair since Samsung clearly broke my phone.

Comet

I was running beta four  I charged the battery to 100%. Ten to eleven hours later I pick up the phone and I'm always at 94 or 95%.

T-mobile rolled out the official Android 9.0 Samsung one UI version a few days ago  I charge the battery to 100%. Seven or eight hours later I pick up the phone and I'm at 72 to 84%.

I've wiped the cache partition and factory data reset.

All the usual suspects are off. NFC, Nearby device scanning, Location sub menu options, Bluetooth, Advanced sound, All vibrations, Wi-Fi calling, Google assistant app disabled, All Google data collections are paused  just to name a few.

I see something new when I wake the phone  Samsung push service and Google play services running in the background since 12:00 midnight. They show only 0.5% battery usage. There are no other entries in the battery stats for apps running except for the usual cell standby and device idol that use about 4 mbs. So I have to wonder where did the missing 20% or 30% go. It's not much better when I'm using the phone the battery level drops a lot faster now  This is not a user setting or a poorly written 3rd party app causing the issue  

Edit

Safe Mode, charged to 100%, put the phone to sleep for Ten hours and Twenty minutes. Wake up battery level is 84%. Same two apps running in the background Google play services and Samsung push service. Used 1%. Cell Standby and device idle used  5%. I would appreciate sending this issue to the development team. Google ,Samsung, and Tmobile 

Highlighted
mlleelise2
Cosmic Ray

I have Sprint service, but have same issue as you.  Google and Samsung seem to be draining battery, when not in use, even though it shows only a few percentage points of usage - nothing else is running. (at least, not that we can see)  Google, Samsung, Tmobile AND Sprint: please address this.

Comet

Hey  

Sorry to hear that but it's nice to know that you you understand. 

Yesterday device care battery management reached the end of the it's learning curve after the factory data reset. It now predicts the time remaining based on the last seven days of battery usage. Along with that the adaptive battery ai has also completed the initial learning process  It has now moved all the listed apps into the proper buckets. While in the learning process almost all of them were in the active, working set or frequent buckets. Now most have been placed in the rare bucket. Some are active and one or two in working set like gallery  camera, my files, internet and some are exempt. They are not optimized. 

I was hoping this would improve the battery life. Maybe it has while while the phone is active I don't know yet  

On the other side I still see the exact same issue as you  Yesterday I put the phone asleep for eleven hours and fifty-three minutes  I woke it up and had 79% battery level. Cell Standby and Device idle used 5%.Google Services and Samsung Push used 0.5%.I can see the graph drops all night long  

I'm not sure if you noticed the edit in my first  All I did was charge to a 100% and put in safe mode overnight  It had no positive effect at all  

If I find a solution I'll post it here. Otherwise as you said the four of them really should take a look at this issue and help us out  

Thanks for the post  

userMRQF7CvrPs
Asteroid

Same here! (S9+) Used to go ALL day & connect charger at bedtime, NOW my battery up & DIES around 3PM, around 6 hours early, & it NEVER up & quit before. NOT HAPPY. There are NO redeeming features of the 'update' worth this failure. Note that my wife & son have the same phone, did the update, & neither have noted any change.