cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6EaF5jlwGp
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9+ battery deterioration after Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

was seriously happy with s9+ exynos oreo and it keep getting better with each update and keep recommending to ppl s9+ exynos for friends, families and even forum.. 

but after pie, makes me wonder if samsung purposely random select to deteriorate the battery.. 

i highly doubt samsung will release any fix for it since they are not acknowledging the problem

mlleelise2
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I have done the same as you have (cleared cache partitions, disabled & set battery saving options on all) but my battery still is being drained about 10 hours quicker than it used to be. Not happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMRQF7CvrPs Here are a couple other things you can check to help with the battery life.

• Turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi when not in use.
  • Turn on Airplane Mode when connectivity isn't needed.
  • Turn off Background Data.
  • Turn off Auto Sync.
  • Adjust Location settings or disable Location.
  • Reduce Brightness.
  • Turn on Auto-Brightness.
  • Decrease the screen timeout settings.
  • Turn off any themes with animations or a large file size.
  • Turn off live wallpaper.
mlleelise2
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly, I shouldn't HAVE to turn off wifi, blue tooth, disable location, etc, etc to have decent battery life! I never had to before this awful Pie update.  SAMSUNG, ARE YOU LISTENING??? FIX THIS!!

userMRQF7CvrPs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like THEY are watching ALL the time! They have your irises & your face, finger prints, & probably gait by now, attached to EVERY other byte of data ever compiled on you. Now they are always with you. Listening. Watching. Monitoring all communications. A calendar of your power usage. They are burning up our batteries with the always-on applets...going thru em now & disabling everything possible. There's a BUNCH that are communicating behind the scenes.. And, of course, we bought thru Nazi Bolshevik Commie-cast, sfinity, so THEY get access to the DSPs in the TVs, cable boxes, & voice remotes. Google has @ least a dozen active devices, mostly to ALL w/voice disabled, as much as possible by end user. 

userltNS1AxYK3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here in Canada ... huge battery drain and some apps not working the same . waiting to hear back from samsung..  Im sorry Im not trouble shooting a brand new phone that had no issues before the update ... 

Highlighted
userMRQF7CvrPs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will be waiting a LONG time! I've fixed mine 100%, Sammy SHOULD have included in their update, either a forced cache partition purge or instructions on how to do it. And they should have optimized the installation of apps included in the update to install them all in a battery-saving state instead of a full-feature state. As installed, every app is fully enabled, meaning no battery saving features enabled. After clearing the cache partition & rebooting, I went thru EVERY app, turning up battery saving, turning off background communications.  Now the battery life is better than ever. Google 'S9 clear cache partition'

DJT8508
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lost 26% in 4 hours 13 minutes completely idle didn't turn screen on once! This needs to be fixed asap!

userov3vCcCQrB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I found one of the culprits - the Samsung Keyboard is stuck running in the background. Past two days it has shown 16 to 17 hours of background use - FOR THE GDAMN KEYBOARD Was on live chat with Samsung - they told me to Factory Reset my phone - GTFO They told be to go to a U-break-I-Fix so that they could test the code - GTFO - been there once, waste of time They even used Smart Tutor to remote control my phone for over an hour - no fix Got escalated to manager they finally gave me a ticket number for the issue I am at the point that I may just sell this S9+ and go back to iPhone
usermgP6Mb22Q1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing her on my note 9 extremely annoying when I'm used to easily getting a whole day of use out of it