cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6EaF5jlwGp
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9+ battery deterioration after Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

right after receive pie update, formatted due to significant bad battery life. after approximately 2 month, still bad battery life.

even with adaptive battery on

samsung exynos s9+, during oreo, approximately 7/8 min per 1% battery 

right now,  approxiamtely 4/5 min per 1% battery.. 

please fix that.. it was good when oreo..

userW1LLJS2Gfj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue w s9. After pie battery is terrible. Is there a definitive patch or fix for this?

Highlighted
userf6MIVSdo2z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine as well. I used to charge my phone every three day, no joke. Now I am losing 10% every half hour with the hideous Pie update. It has completely ruined my phone, and casued hours of lost productivity for my business. Terrible terrible update.

userS0D4vCnoXo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem on my wife's S9+. Used to unplug at 5:00AM and make it to 9:00PM with 40% left. After update it hits 0% by 4:00PM. Completely unacceptable.

I have a note 9 that hasn't had any problems at all with the pie and one UI update. Can't see that there are any problems with runaway processes or anything else unusual between my note 9 and the s9+. We've cleared cache, reset battery callibration, and factory reset. Nothing has helped.

Is there seriously no fix for this?

user830A1ub7j2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I and my wife's SG9 plus are experiencing the same issues after the update. IT is ridiculous. I tried the clearing of the cache with no help. Prior to the update I was amazed of the battry life, now it is UNACCEPTABLE.

Is it going to take positing everywhere to get this fixed. Five pages of complaints and not response? I agree that we should be able to leave the same functionality on phone as before without having to make all these changes.

SAMSUNG WE NEED ASSISTANCE!!

user30cOihvxNE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still having this problem or did it go away?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know personally on my S9+ this issue is still VERY much prevalent. 

userpPxXNBuN8m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Smiley Sad I'm having 3 hrs S.O.T. My bae's Huawei Nova 3i got 6-8 hrs screen on time. This will be my last samsung phone if they don't fix this. Very disappointing.

userpPxXNBuN8m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Btw, I'm having the S9+. This might be the worst flagship phone ever. My bae's Huawei Nova 3i costing around 14k php has way better battery life that this 50k+ php flagship plus version. This is so frustrating.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Judging by the fact that all of the new Samsung phones came out with much bigger batteries, it would appear as if this issue is simply caused by Samsung refusing to make their software at all efficient.

Is it really more cost efficient to slap larger batteries in the phones than it is to make your software work more efficiently?

I mean how is it that many cheaper android phones even with heavy skins (like Samsung has) have far and away better battery life? Huawei, oneplus, xiaomi, Motorola, just to name a few. I don't believe anyone would argue these companies are in any way more superior than samsung is.

Maybe they just care more.