cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Galaxy S9 is not getting the new software update

I think it sucks that the Galaxy S9 is not getting the new software update , Exspecially when the S9 is still a great phone and is still fairly new!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S9 is not getting the new software update

S9 is scheduled for update to Android 11 in the 2nd Quarter of this year
Cosmic Ray

@SHADOWGATE - I don't know where you're getting your information, but galaxy S9 is not on any list I've seen to get the Android 11 update.

Supernova

Re: Re: Galaxy S9 is not getting the new software update

Given the fact that the processor for the Galaxy S8 is "able" to run Android 11. Though the S8 will not get an official 11 rollout, AOSP runs perfectly fine. The S9 however is more than capable for the requirements and is estimated to have an Android update to 11 3 quarters of a year after the Official 11 rolled out to New flagship phones in this generation working it's way down to the Galaxy A10e which also has a projected update slated for 1 full year after the Official Android 11 debut. Which Mark's it for late October on our calendar. The calendars you are looking at only have a spring to summer correct? i.e. Android Authority and such?? The difference in Android 11 as a whole is the minimalistic approach in UI making it far less heavy of a UI update weve seen in the past which allows it to integrate into older Androids better. Devices that were slated to be a paper weight after launching as a flagship device the year they debut. Samsung is looking to change this mindset and they will begin with the S9. When you start seeing the S8 get Security Patches it will be a sign. Samsung is already ahead of schedule coming into this first quarter. If the A10e is scheduled for October(4th Quarter) then that places the S9 around June-September. I suppose only time will tell in the end
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Galaxy S9 is not getting the new software update

@SHADOWGATE - I hope you're right. I have an S9+. Mine is working fine (only after the One UI 2.5) and I don't want to upgrade just yet.

Supernova

Re: Re: Re: Galaxy S9 is not getting the new software update

if you get a chance you should watch the 2021 CES conference. Samsung is gonna have a Great Year. I believe its gonna be broadcast Online this year
Astronaut

ditto