cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservFvMBC07MF
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S9 not updating

FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! I have been trying to update my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S9 to the new software for the last 8 months with no luck. Kept getting stuck at 28% every time. Tried everything including what was mentioned on this website. 

Called samsung and they did troubleshooting, had me reset my phone settings (not factory reset), that didn't work. They said the only solution was to reset the phone to factory settings and start over again. I did NOT want to do this but knew it had to be done so I can update to latest version. 

I downloaded the DESKTOP version of Smart Switch. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

When you install this software on your computer and connect your phone via cable, there is an option that says UPDATE PHONE SOFTWARE. I was like, why not, lets give it a try. IT WORKED! 

I know have the latest version of the software because I did the full install through the Smart Switch software. 

Hopefully this will help you all out as I know how frusturating this is. I believe the error is being caused from a glitch in the download which is why connecting to your computer downloads a much cleaner version from high speed internet. 

This should work for any phones having similar programs of getting stuck in upgrading loop. 

Cheers, Justin

user4EYXoPFASk
Constellation

I tried that and it tells me my current version, CSAA, is the latest and up to date.  Check for updates says that too... but AT&T's website says N960USQS1CSE1 is the latest version.

Buying this Note9 has been the worst choice ever, nothing but problems with this garbage and no real useful answers from Samsung or AT&T.

Diothorn
Constellation

Hi guys, 

I have  the exact same issue. Not recieved  any updates and stuck on December 2018 (my phone  is not with any carrier)

Screenshot_20190613-110146_Software update.jpg

Maddmaxxaz
Constellation

Wipe the dalvik cache and try again

Wipe the dalvik cache and try again

userGh0m0qQvK1
Asteroid

No your not.

No your not.

user7DqZOO0FoF
Astronaut

Mine does this except it doesnt update at all not even to 30% I've tried factory resets and wiping the cache partition

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user7DqZOO0FoF Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
user2sOuWJvG6f
Constellation

I am having the same problem - my samsung galaxy S9 is not receiving the latest updates. I tried clearing the cache, resetting the software settings - but nothing. Is there anything else i can do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using Smart switch the pc version to update the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung_fft8MXi
Astronaut

Did anyone find the solution for this? I'm having the sam...

Did anyone find the solution for this? I'm having the same issue