cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert7SCjUJsru
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BLESS YOU AND THIS THREAD. I've been going nuts dealing with this issue for the last week. It started out of the blue about a week after I did an update. 

user1T4dcoaEaf
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning.  This exact problem started happening to me this morning.  Any time the screen went off, the phone would not respond and I would have to turn it back on.  I disabled the fingerprint authentication and that fixed the issue.  So, is this a hardware or software bug?  What can be done to fix it, so I can use the fingerprint authentication again?  @SamsungAdam 

userv8q5QEQFIg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is ridiculous to me that this bug has been going on as near as I can tell since January, and the users have figured out the problem, but the Samsung technicians still put us through the paces that ultimately lead us to a bothersome factory reset... without even trying disabling the fingerprint scanner. 
I really appreciate the users who discovered this workaround... I only wish I had found it BEFORE I had done a factory reset on my phone.... because it will take me a week to get everything back the way I want it... 
Samsung Tech support.... you totally missed the mark on this... and Samsung Warranty service technicians were a complete and utter fail.  It makes me sad that this fantastic product is so poorly supported by its manufacturer

uservbeLeFnaiN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG!! I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!!  I have Sprint and my phone is doing the same exact thing!!

I have been talking with  Samsung reps since yesterday and have done a factory reset 3x  as well as many other resets and nothing fixes it. 

I went to a service repair place yesterday and they told me they couldn't figure it out and I would have to get a new one! WHAT?! My phone was working perfectly fine until the software update.  I'm glad it's not just me!

They need to fix it because this isn't right. I wasn't  about to pay for another phone for an issue they caused!

I wish I could have found this thread sooner.  I removed the fingerprint scanner option and guess what? It now works perfectly fine. 

userFlwLUilBsi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here for my S9. I have been using my fingerprint scanner for the past year now with no issues, but on September 13, 2019 the described issue began turning my phone off. Sometimes it would just reset the phone, other times it would completely power down.

I tried Safe Mode, Clearing Cache, and Factory Resets a couple times, with no luck. Once I turned off finger print scanner, the issue stopped and the phone works as it should again. 

Is this related to the most recent system update? Is there a plan to solve this issue? I'd like to use my finger print scanner again..

Highlighted
Psychoticwar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just brought a very good condition manufactured refurbished s9 plus and was having this issue.  Turned off fingerprint unlock and I am no longer having this issue.   Samsung needs to come out with a patch to fix this!  It's now the end of October and this issue has been going on at least since January.

@SamsungRei  @SamsungJace , this issue has not been resolved!

userGa046uLEqq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for posting this. I disabled the fingerprint sensor and I am able to use my phone at least. I didn't update or do anything different. I just suddenly started having this problem yesterday. Luckily, this was one of the first posts that came up in search.

It is pretty lame that this is a known problem for quite some time now with no real solution. Does anyone have an update on this?

userh3u0LCcbxK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution of turnig fingerprint recognition works for me.

It is inconvenient now

Samsung, we need a fix, PLEASE