cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution of turnig fingerprint recognition works for me.

It is inconvenient now

Samsung, we need a fix, PLEASE

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is now January 1st, 2020. This is still an issue. My phone started doing this yesterday. After having this phone for about 7 months or so. I've had the same settings since then. Been using everything I use now. And still, this problem randomly happened. Why is this problem still persisting with everybody here? Why is it so random? Why is there no patch? Come on samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine had this problem months ago and turning off the fingerprint sensor for unlock worked.  I ran into a whole new problem with it after ATT updated to Android 10.   Forced my phone into a boot loop.  Would not work in anything other than safe mode.  I took it to UIbreakifix and they pushed it back to android 9 for me.  now it works again as long as I keep the fingerprint sensor off.   What happens when ATT makes me update it eventually?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow so far people with Straight talk hasn't had any of these problems.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happens to me too. I went so long without it happening. Reset my phone to factory today and it stopped all day,  as soon as I enabled fingerprints later on, it shut off.

Come in Samsung this is embarrassing for a phone this expensive. First i had the sticky camera, got that fixed, now my warranty is expired and this phone still cost almost $1000 and it's barely over a year old. My s5 lasted me 4 years with no hiccups. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userkggmtrVboa Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I began having this issue just recently. youd think that after nearly a year this would be patched. Tried everything from clearing my cache to doing a full factory reset and yet the issue persists until I turn off my fingerprint unlock. And as of almost March of 2020 this is still a known and unpatched bug

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that the Note 9 is now doing the exact same thing. Couldn't of been nothing on my part I was in the house all day and didn't install anything apps or otherwise sat my phone down and when I went to use it I had to power it back on and now this has happened about 5 times. I might start a new thread as me being at work and my phone shutting down will be a huge issue. Already trying this fingerprint thing.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you man that was the fix. 👍🏻👌🏻

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is Samsung providing any solution/update for this issue? I just faced it and disabled the fingerprints. After an hour it seem to have worked