cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, if the device still shuts down while in safe mode and a full factory reset hasn't resolved it I would recommend a service repair on the device. Would you mind sending us a private message here with your full model code and IMEI number so that we can look into what options you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userHZtd1BhPJ3
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I shut off the fingerprint sensor and am now no longer experiencing the shut down problem, however now I can no longer use my finger print sensor. 

userIm48ZKvtCT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem all the others have. Suddenly (12 hours ago), my phone started fully shutting down whenever screen lock was activated.  (Related or not, I have been using the fingerprint sensor a lot recently for activation, rather than face recognition or PIN)..

Restarts, soft-resets, cache deletions, app updates, recent app deletions, etc. do NOT solve the problem.

Keeping the phone on at all times does solve the problem

Turning off the fingerprint sensor screen unlock (as advised by others on this site) does solve the problem. One can still use the fingerprint sensor for apps, just not for unlock.

Presumably this is a Samsung software update problem?

Suppose it is possible that this is some combination of phone going bad AND software problem.

But it is useful to have fingerprint sensor unlock operational.

Is there any software patch/update/fix for this from Samsung?

Or does it mean that a number of users phones are going bad in the exact same way ?

userZcVQUBieAJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has this same issue. How do I get the same assistance? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have the fingerprint sensor enabled?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Psychoticwar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue has not been resolved. 

user9V0MDNpWJ1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue and none of the offered solutions work. I notice this thread is from March though. Was any patch issued for this issue? Do we still have to provide our device information to see what options are available to us?

userUgXhzvrJgg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S9 just started doing this  after an update last week. I have done a factory restart and wiped all cache. Only solution was to disable the fingerprint and use pattern or face rec. I hate both those options and do not want to have a device i paid $1000 for less than a year ago not operate correctly. Rediculous that it is the only solution from a samsung. 
Is there going to be a software update to fix this in the very near future? If not what are my other options as this is not an acceptable solution for such an expensive device that has to be fully functional for my work. 

userxddkOMLQAY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really disappointing. I have sworn by my galaxy phones but the s9+ has been very unreliable for me, between the 'moisture detected in charger port' that persists for days and will only let me charge wirelessly when my phone hasn't been anywhere near water, and now it wants to reboot constantly if I use fingerprint as a screen unlock... and every time it reboots it triggers the moisture alarm. I will be replacing it with a non Samsung phone. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxddkOMLQAY Have you tried any of the mentioned troubleshooting steps?