cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userh3u0LCcbxK
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution of turnig fingerprint recognition works for me.

It is inconvenient now

Samsung, we need a fix, PLEASE

userEEieWxuVXS
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems? what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is now January 1st, 2020. This is still an issue. My phone started doing this yesterday. After having this phone for about 7 months or so. I've had the same settings since then. Been using everything I use now. And still, this problem randomly happened. Why is this problem still persisting with everybody here? Why is it so random? Why is there no patch? Come on samsung.

TeeJayShelton
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine had this problem months ago and turning off the fingerprint sensor for unlock worked.  I ran into a whole new problem with it after ATT updated to Android 10.   Forced my phone into a boot loop.  Would not work in anything other than safe mode.  I took it to UIbreakifix and they pushed it back to android 9 for me.  now it works again as long as I keep the fingerprint sensor off.   What happens when ATT makes me update it eventually?

user5RCkeWj92h
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S9 shutting down after lock/screen shut off... fingerprint problems..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow so far people with Straight talk hasn't had any of these problems.

userkggmtrVboa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happens to me too. I went so long without it happening. Reset my phone to factory today and it stopped all day,  as soon as I enabled fingerprints later on, it shut off.

Come in Samsung this is embarrassing for a phone this expensive. First i had the sticky camera, got that fixed, now my warranty is expired and this phone still cost almost $1000 and it's barely over a year old. My s5 lasted me 4 years with no hiccups. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userkggmtrVboa Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number