cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S9 stopped charging and is dead!

Edit: since posting, we left it alone all day and then tried charging it on computer again. Got it fully charged. Turned it on and within about 5 minutes it was down 4% already. AND, it will NOT recognize any wired charger, even ones we know work (spouse has same phone and both chargers work for that one).  So, progress, but still have issues. 

I've tried everything that I've seen and nothing's working.  Woke up in morning to dead phone even though it was plugged in overnight.  Assumed it wasn't charging.  Plugged in to wall charger (original equipment) and nothing.  After repeatedly plugging it in and unplugging it, I finally got the circle with charging symbol briefly (but no percentage of charge).  Then I got the symbol that told me there was water in the charging port???  Cleaned out the port, plugged it in to computer and computer doesn't recognize the phone and doesn't charge it.  Was FINALLY able to get phone to recognize the charger and I got the charging circle with percentage!  Got up to 3% and then stopped.  Was able to turn phone on.  Unplugged charger, plugged it back in, got water damage message again.  And the whole time I'm just sitting here working on it.  No moisture around.  Battery eventually wore down to zero and now I'm back to it just showing me the circle with the lightening bolt while vibrating every 5 seconds or so.  Definitely not charging.  Any ideas? I have not checked wireless charging yet b/c I don't have a wireless charger on me at the moment.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy S9 stopped charging and is dead!

at least the wireless charging is still working
Highlighted

Charging ports on these phones were notoriously weak. Wireless charging will be your best bet. Mine did the same thing to me about a year ago. I've used the wireless charging ever since, I like to keep that phone around because of the head phone jack even though I have the note 10 plus.😂 Best of luck.
Highlighted
Asteroid

This is a major problem with Samsung Galaxy phones. I have a Note 8. When moisture is detected it will not let you plug in a charger which can sometimes take hours even when blowing air and checking out the phone. The only solution is wireless charging. Samsung needs to fix this because it doesn't happen on other phones and they charge fine. There needs to be a settings override to charge the phone