cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dakidd
Asteroid

Galaxy S9plus camera front facing camera off center

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you take pictures with the selfie lense not the wife angle one the photos are off centered. I've tested this against the s8 plus and S10 plus. Can someone else verify this

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dakidd
Asteroid

Yes I have.. It seems the problem is fixed if you select...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have.. It seems the problem is fixed if you select to quick review.... Hopefully Samsung will fix it on a update. If quick review isn't selected the front camera will zoom and crop the photo horribly

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S9plus camera front facing camera off center

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the camera app?

uservHWUbu3DW8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have.  I have also cleared the cache partition as well as performed a factory reset and returned the phone to Samsung.  They have replaced the camera and the issue remains leading me to believe it is 100% a software issue. 

Highlighted
netjeff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On a different thread is this post that shows how to use "group selfie" rather than "single/solo selfie", and using group prevents the zoom/crop.  But still very annoying becuase the "group selfie" setting doesn't stick.  If you forget to choose "group" when you open the selfie camera, it's back to the ugly cropping.  Samsung needs to get rid of the annoying "single/solo selfie" entirely, or else give a setting to turn it off permanently.  Ugh!

Dakidd
Asteroid

I've reset camera and cleared cache

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've reset camera and cleared cache

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I've reset camera and cleared cache

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted testing your phone in Safe Mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Dakidd
Asteroid

Yes I have.. It seems the problem is fixed if you select...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have.. It seems the problem is fixed if you select to quick review.... Hopefully Samsung will fix it on a update. If quick review isn't selected the front camera will zoom and crop the photo horribly

userDV0Ld8CjzV
Asteroid

Re: Yes I have.. It seems the problem is fixed if you select...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That doesn't fix mine. 🤬

@Dakidd wrote:

user93xZHtf3Fs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just use flash on when you take a selfie 

@Dakidd wrote:

When you take pictures with the selfie lense not the wife angle one the photos are off centered. I've tested this against the s8 plus and S10 plus. Can someone else verify this

Samsung_LfuHBSy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is still off center regardless of my Quick Review setting! This is so frustrating. Shouldn't be happening at all. If you're centered before the shot it should be the exact same result after the shot. What kind of warped code is causing this?