cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Galaxy s9 battery drain

Ever since the last update, my phone battery has been draining very quickly. It was at 80% when I went to work this morning, I didn't touch it at all, and 3 hours later it was at 15%. It then quickly drained completely and shut off. I checked the battery usage and the main culprit was the stock email app, which was running in the background, as well as Google Play Services. I've changed the sync options for email, even though I never had any issues with this before the most recent update. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
5 REPLIES 5
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy s9 battery drain

my note 9 is doing the same thing....
Constellation

You have described my problem exactly! Just over the past few weeks, my battery is draining very fast, and Google Play Services seems to be a cause. I've got very few apps installed on my phone, and I've checked them all but found nothing to indicate problems of a sudden. 

Constellation

After more searching, I found others reporting not only this issue but loss of 4G mobile, which then I noticed had also affected me. In reporting this to my carrier (CREDO, on Sprint network), it was suggested I try a profile reset. I had to repeat it twice to get everything working, but afterwards, I had 4G mobile back AND my batter usage went back to normal, which means going 2-3 days before needing a charge, whereas before the profile reset I was having to charge twice a day. Something you might try. To do the profile reset, I had to dial a sequence into my phone; I don't know if the sequence is the same for every network. Customer service for my carrier gave me the sequence to use.

Asteroid

Going to reach out to Sprint. Thank you for sharing.
Astronaut

I have been having the same problems with my Galaxy S8. I'm hoping a profile reset will help 🤞 Thanks for the information!