Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1FAYagizWj
Asteroid

Galaxy s9 front facing camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! 

I just noticed that the my front facing camera was looking very grainy. I checked the settings and I realized that now no longer have the  8mp option. I can chose is only 5.2 mp. 

Anyone else having this problem? how can I fixed it? Smiley Sad 

(when I switched to back camera mode and I go to camera settings, I see that my front camera is in “8 MP (4:3).” But when I switch to front facing mode,and I go to camera settings, it shows that my front camera is in “4:3 (5.2 MP). )

Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josy507
Asteroid

When you switch the the front facing camera you'll notice...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you switch the the front facing camera you'll notice there are 2 modes. The single person mode and the wide angle mode. If you switch it to the wide angle and then look at the settings you'll see that the resolution is back to 8mp. I hope that helps.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s9 front facing camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

Are you using the stock camera app that came pre-downloaded on the device? Have you tried resetting the settings in the camera app?

user1FAYagizWj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! 

Yes I use app, which was on my device ( samsung app).  I tried to resetting the settings, but nothing... Smiley Sad 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried testing your device in safe mode to see if the same symptoms still appear?

user1FAYagizWj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes I tried, and there is the same problem.

Josy507
Asteroid

When you switch the the front facing camera you'll notice...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you switch the the front facing camera you'll notice there are 2 modes. The single person mode and the wide angle mode. If you switch it to the wide angle and then look at the settings you'll see that the resolution is back to 8mp. I hope that helps.

user1FAYagizWj
Asteroid

Re: When you switch the the front facing camera you'll notice...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello ! 

Super, Thanks Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

And can I fix this mode (automatically select angel mode) or I need to select manually?