cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQQMC8LoQbn
Constellation

Re: I have this same issue on my Note9. Even disabling the sc...

My 18 month old S9 Plus started shutting down yesterday and I eventuallyt found out about this issue. 

Samsung this is completley unnaceptable, I will be going to my local service centre in the morning

userQlQCPEulhO
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s9 keeps shutting off

My s9 just started doing this and it's been so frustrating. It's impossible to use my phone when it shuts down every time I put it in my pocket. It'll restart several times if left alone and murders my battery. Whatever they did to the software better get fixed soon because this is ridiculous. 

userQQMC8LoQbn
Constellation

I'm not so sure it's a software update that caused this. I had the exact same issue last week. I took it in to my local service centre and they changed the finger print scanner. This cured the problem straight away. I tried to get Samsung Canada cover the repair as its a known issue, they told me they'd never heard of this and refused even though the service centre knew exactly what the issue was also. 

Pathetic customer service Samsung!!!!!  I ended up paying for it on my 18 month old S9 Plus. 

I see that safe mode doesn't fix the issue, factory reseting won't help... hmmm, the only solution is refreshing the firmware... do any of you have a Samsung experience shop near by? If you do,  I would go there and have the firmware reflashed.

Highlighted
userUEvgvwo3Eb
Astronaut

This issue just started for me 4 January.  I have tried all of the above.... SAFE MODE, a master reset, and the only thing that works is shutting off the fingerprint scanner.  How can you have a phone for 21 months and as ll of a sudden this starts happening.  How do you samsung exoect people to sownd their hard earned money on a product that offers substandard security. I think you should at the least ckme out with a fix for this phone.  I shouldn't have to turn features that you provide off t on have a phone that works.