cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUl3vsphXM0
Constellation

Galaxy s9 keeps shutting off

So I looked online and found somewhere that it had to do with my finger print scanner being on. I disabled that and the problem quit but now I cant use the fingerprint scanner at all. Any time I turn it on, if the screen goes black for more that 10 seconds the entire device shuts off.... help

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s9 keeps shutting off

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user7EV6xt44uA
Asteroid

Can yall stop it with the safe mode stuff? This update caused the issue. Yes. It shuts down in safe mode. Now we can't use our FINGERPRINT to unlock our phone. Perfect timing... wouldn't ya know? The note 10 is coming out....

userWO4WGBLpRJ
Asteroid

I'm having the exact same issues!  I just disabled my fingerprint to see if that solves the initial issue.  The phone shuts off 10x per day, and unfortunately I've depended on my phone as my alarm so two days ago I missed my alarm by 4 hours which forced me today to get up with my hubby 3 hrs early so I wouldn't miss it again.  Ridiculous.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @userWO4WGBLpRJ,

I will gladly look into this for you.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried regarding this? Do the same symptoms still occur when you test your device in safe mode?

userWO4WGBLpRJ
Asteroid

Hi SamsungJoJo, 

So I believe I've figured out what is causing it based on replies from previous threads I've been researching.  Yes, the shut down occurs in safe mode and I've forced a restart, downloaded a new antivirus software which produced no found viruses, and cleaned extremely well, including the cache, all calls, emails, deleted all texts, and finally, I turned my biometric security off.  My fingerprint was the only one that was registered.  When I turned it off, the phone stopped turning off and then after about 30 minutes, I turned the bio scanner back on and nearly immediately the phone shut down.

I did not do an update prior to yesterday when I first experienced the issues.  I did an update afterwards which did not fix this issue.

If I need to take it in to a store, it will create a huge issue for me as I'm a full time medical school student and just don't have 10 minutes, let alone 2 hours to fix this issue in store.  I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

userzTZ4SOiC4j
Constellation

I have this same issue on my Note9. Even disabling the sc...

I have this same issue on my Note9. Even disabling the scanner doesnt seem to fully work

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have this same issue on my Note9. Even disabling the sc...

Do you have the auto-restart at a specific time feature enabled?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user7EV6xt44uA
Asteroid

Try turning off all of your biometrics... i.e. face scanner, fingerprint iris, etc. I don't think we can use any of these with this crazy update.

@userzTZ4SOiC4j wrote:

I have this same issue on my Note9. Even disabling the scanner doesnt seem to fully work

userXwE6UtIrSz
Constellation

I am having the same issue after an update a few days ago!! Has there been a fix yet?