cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here .... I have S9 and can only charge it wirelessly .... it is very annoying!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send me the video i have the same problem

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely correct!  This is on Samsung.  My wife and I have identical phones... never near "moisture" and hers started throwing the "moisture detected" pop-up and one day later, mine started it.  This was over a year ago.  I went to our local store and was told it was caused by the most recent update and a fix was being worked on and would be included in the next update.  It never happened.  Here we are, still using wireless charging and I'm unable to plug in and sync with my PC because it thinks I'm trying to charge it and the bell starts going off relentlessly.  ARGHHH!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and it is very frustrating.   I have reset the phone to factory settings, powered up in safe mode and even gotten a replacement phone from Verizon.  Issue persistes.  However, here are some things that I have tried and they seem to work (sometimes). 

1.  Go to your Apps,

2. Push the three vertical dots on the right hand side

3.  Push "Show system apps"

4.  Scroll down to "Android System" and push the icon.

5.  Push the "Force stop" Icon.

The moisture error alert indicator should dissappear. 

6.  Restart your phone.  

7.   Attempt to charge or connect to your computer. 

(5 out of 10 times this works)

Second resolution:

1.  Do steps 1-5 above.

6.  Restart your phone but when the "Samsung" appears, insert your charger and let the phone power up.  

(This has been successful about 80% of the time using this method.

Third resolution:

Do steps 1-5 from above.

6. Turn off your phone.

7.  Attempt to charge your phone when powered off.

(This has worked 100% of the time for me if I can't get the other solutions to work).

If you are transferring files from your computer to your phone such as pictures, videos, music, etc.  I use a bluethooth connection between my laptop to my phone.  A little slow but functionable.

My biggest issue is that I use Android Auto through a USB connection in my truck.  I have found that if I don't disconnect the USB cord before I turn off the truck.  The alert shows up.  I am pretty sure this has to do with the interruption of power from the truck to the phone.  

Again, I think this is a software issue that Samsung is overlooking.  

Good luck.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I was violently woken up at 4:50AM by the eerie "moisture detected" ringtone while my phone was laying next to me fully charged on my dry bed. I tried so many other things and eventually went out and bought some wireless chargers.

Anyway, the first solution worked for me. Well, not exactly. The notification did finally go away but after I restarted my phone it came back. So I force stopped the android settings again and plugged the charger in. The moisture detected error came up and the phone simultaneously started charging which was strange. I just clicked "Ok" on the error message and the phone kept charging. 

Ironically, I'm gonna keep using these wireless chargers because they're awesome lol. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the video?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have a link to this video I can't find it 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  Same issue.  Went on a 7 day trip overseas to a high humidity area and the phone didn't do well going from outside to inside climate-controlled rooms (air conditioning to outside).  I have completed all the online steps to include removing the SIM Tray and looking for the water sticker (which does not appear to exist in my phone).  Samsung does not have a walk-in service in the Washington D.C. area (go figure!), therefore I must send it in.  It's still under warranty.  You must factory reset, remove the SIM Card, and return it with the charger and head phones, but not in the original packaging.  Samsung will send you a shipping label.  If Samsung is unable to fix it, this will be an issue I will take into consideration for transitioning to an iPhone, unfortunately.  No walk-in support to D.C. and a phone which is too sensitive for 110 degree to 68  degree temp changes is a product and the engineering behind it that I don't want to be a part of.  We're paying too much money for something that should be resilient to all the temperatures available that a human being can live in. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is Samsung ignoring this issue!? Phone has NEVER been near water but if it dies completely it can't be recharged because of this moisture warning?? I've barely had this phone 6 months!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you still experience these symptoms if your charge your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.