Constellation

Re: Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buying in a month require repair, please come and fix my phone

useruuJu7S7SwK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"shaking and blowing" or "send in for service"? You call that a solution?

This is a bug and people are reporting it coming back AFTER repairs. I've only had this stupid phone 3 months and it's doing this. I am really regretting buying a samsung product. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION
prmdbrl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is no problem with the charger. I checked the charger too. I have been using wireless charger since then. The warning sign is in the phone for last 2 weeks and it isn't going. Does resetting the phone help it as I read some blogs . Most surprising is the fact that i never exposed my phone to any liquid.
userxHtM4CXkWI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. I have only ever used a wireless charger and my phone has always been dry. I've only had it a month.

userxHtM4CXkWI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: I read in another forum that a couple of people reported this issue after leaving the b EA ach. I live at the beach. Recommendation was to rinse out charger port with distilled water and let dry. I did that. About an hour later the notification went away by itself.

useromm6auRFAW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same issue happened this year with my Galaxy S8+, had it repaired and traded it with the Galaxy S9+, now happening again with it too. This is so frustrating 😤. My S8+ was only 8 months old and S9+ is just 6 months old. I don't know what's wrong with Samsung phones. Please help me if someone can find a solution to this issue. 

user4J8t3LZq6V
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just opened my new s9 ... when i started to charge it for first time the wornning start to pops up 

userVgvQzAtJNf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the solution in the video

user1DQTaOTDtX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved this problem by:

1.  Clearing cache under Settings | Apps | Device Maintenance;

2.  Clearing cache under Settings | Storage; and

3.  Clearing all notifications on the notifications screen (including the moisture detected notification).

(4. A device restart might help on top of the steps above if they don't work alone.)

I don't know if all of these steps were necessary, or only one or two of them were.

I do know, like most people have reported, that even if my phone picked up any moisture around the charging (USB C) port, it was barely any, and it was probably dry for hours (including after leaving the phone in front of a fan heater) while the moisture notification continued to appear and prevent charging.

Ergo, this is a software glitch.

Ergo, Samsung is obnoxious for failing to fix it, where numerous people have complained, including on previous models.

One more reason not to shop Samsung.