cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxiA5dsBnON
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After many years of Samsung phones. This moisture problem has affected me in future purchasing consideration, whether to stick to Samsung or switch to other brands

user4EAsoP7Xlg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree - this is a bug - not a moisture problem  I keep getting this ALL the time and my phone is not near moisture....

userxmkUpY1AP7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this issue all of a sudden as well. All the safreboots are not working. The phone has been in a lifeproof case with no moisture so not sure how this happened. I set it out for the weekend and still nothing. I have never had issues with Samsung phones until this one. I really dont want to factory reset if it is indeed a hardware issue but if push came to shove. Just glad i can wirelessly charge for now. Any advice is welcome to resolve this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot. It should help. If not, then service is recommended.

userUosDV7J04M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and never exposed my phone to water. I still have a warranty BUT I've been told that the warranty will not cover "water damage". It seems this is a common problem with these phones which are quite expensive. How can a third party service repair company company guarantee coverage?

userRETRhqOx6W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Literally the same thing is happening to me. I'm on vacation and I let it die completely and now it's saying there's water in it!!! It has been nowhere near water!!! I had to buy an expensive wireless charger that charges it slowly. So upsetting! Samsung please fix this issue!!!

Highlighted
userlEqeTiOfF7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Buying in a month require repair, please come and fix my phone

useruuJu7S7SwK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"shaking and blowing" or "send in for service"? You call that a solution?

This is a bug and people are reporting it coming back AFTER repairs. I've only had this stupid phone 3 months and it's doing this. I am really regretting buying a samsung product. 

userFWjJNsPtft
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isnot a solution. This happens every time I travel to a humid climate. Serious Samsung, this is going to be the reason I change to Apple. I have been a loyal customer for 20 years and I have always defended Samsung against Apple. Now, I look stupid that I can't travel to Mexico, Florida, Texas, etc without my phone going into moisture lock after 24 hours in a humid climate. This is a known issue and Samsung won't acknowledge their error. My only recourse is to dry it out in my arid climate and unfortunately switch to Apple.  Samsung was a solid brad the Note 7 was a unfortunate but with how many people have this issue, I had hoped they would acknowledged this to retain their clientele. Sad. 

RakeshRaj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry thats actually not the right solution . I also encountered the same issue even in safe mode and did not take it to any service center.

The Solution that worked for me :

Step 1: Turn OFF your Phone

Step 2: Press the Bixy button & Power Button at the same time, the phone will boot up. Once you see the Samsun Logo, connect your charger to the phone .

step 3: Leave the phone charged until it gets charged 100% . You can even leave it  charging a little longer even after you see the phone is fully charged. Unplug the phone and probably after that you should not see that error popping up again. 

Please do apologize if this solution did not help you out.  Try it out and let me know.