cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertGE6TJOaDK
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyway, are there any mods available that will offer up any help at all? Same issue. Moisture detected when there was no moisture present.

I got rid of the notification, but now cabled charging only works after restarting the phone in safe mode, then shutting the phone off, plug in the cable. start again normally. 

this is not a convenient method of charging. Smiley Happy

HoppyBadger
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I got rid of the notification as well, but my charging port still will not work. Sometimes it will, very randomly and sometimes it wont. When I plug it into my computer it says that the device malfunctioned and windows can't recognize it. I'm pretty positive that mine is just totally done for. It needs replaced now. So not happy. $99 to replace it, or try to go through the whole warranty process. I have a label and it printed out, but I'm not sure I want to be without my phone over the 4th. I love the camera haha. Been wireless charging since, It's okay but it's not nearly as convienant. Oh and to top it off, over the last week or two I am having terrible battery drain. JUST PERFECT

userQj7p4g45up
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add yet another one to the list. The sensors on the S9 quite frankly suck. I can't use biometrics or it sends the phone into a sort of reboot loop. I never bothered having it sent in for that reason because it was easier to just turn it off.

Now I have this issue too, among hundreds of others. Same deal, my phone has not been anywhere near water, in fact I have a case that has a little rubber flap that goes over the charging port, so it's pretty much impossible for moisture to get into it.

I had it plugged in, charging - I was in bed, there was no liquid anywhere in my bedroom. I was using the phone and one of my apps kept freezing (common for the app) so I rebooted the phone (which normally stops the app from freezing) and when it came back up, that's when the message happened. It had been plugged in for about 30 minutes before I rebooted with no warning. That was 4 days ago and that message has yet to go away. Luckily my partner has a wireless charger.

It's yet another bug, or crappy piece of hardware and Samsung's army of bots is once again, completley unhelpful.

Considering the amount of people who are experiencing this - I wonder just how possible it might be to launch a class action suit against Samsung, to cover the cost of all these faulty phones, on the grounds that they are doing absolutely nothing about it but sicking bots on us.

usertGE6TJOaDK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

and of course the warranty is up as of a couple of weeks ago so the option is to pay out of pocket to fix my just barely 1 year old phone that is clearly defective. really disappointing.

useruuJu7S7SwK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this problem too. It's been doing this for almost a week. I'm lucky if I can get enough charge on it to keep it alive. It's been humid but this hasn't been exposed to any water.  "use a wireless charger" isn't a solution either. That's total BS.

I didn't pay this much for a phone for this kind of stupid  @#$%

Samsung_Unicorn
Astronaut

Has anyone tried factory resetting their phone? First dow...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone tried factory resetting their phone? First download samsung smart switch on your computer back it up then factory reset from general manager settings. But beware if its a "malware" app thats causing your issue then check to make sure all your apps are safe apps. Andriod is an open source meaning you can download an array of apps, which is wonderful because you can get an app for just about anything. The downside to that is that not all apps are safe, just like on a computer when you download software. The biggest culprits that I've seen are some free fitness apps, free photo editing apps, and free music and TV apps (excluding but not limited to pandora and spotify)

usertGE6TJOaDK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_Unicorn 
factory reset doesn't work, at least not more than temporarily as much as the safe mode restart, turn off, plug it it, turn on again works temporarily.

this is a hardware failure in the sensors. if it happens within your warranty, even just once, bring it in for repair immediately, don't wait until it's out of warranty and happening more frequently. while they may be kind to you (as they seem to have been with me) and offer a one-time repair credit for the issue, i certainly wouldn't count on it. 

usereWhkbDe6ai
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue in 2019 with my s9. 

This issue effected my s7 and to a lesser extent my s6. This issue is so problematic that i can't charge my phone which led me to upgrade to an s9, 8 months in, same issue.

I spoke to customer service, they were no help, my pjone has a small crack on the back side so the want me to pay them to fix thier faulty phone. 

I'm pretty sure it's a software issue because it started a day after I upgraded. My experience with Samsung over this has been so bad ive decided never to buy another Samsung product again. Currently I own a Samsung tv, sound system and phone. 

Highlighted
userOmKecd1JfV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution (which may be temporary but allows charging and stops the notification)

1. power off device

2. insert usb c to charge as normal

3. power device back on

Previously tried restarting and was about to factory reset and reinstall but tried the above and it worked. Will not know if it's a temporary solution or not but having the ability to charge was my goal and this offers that.

Samsung_oWjX5wL
Constellation

Yes I have reset my phone that doesn't work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have reset my phone that doesn't work.