Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RakeshRaj
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry thats actually not the right solution . I also encountered the same issue even in safe mode and did not take it to any service center.

The Solution that worked for me :

Step 1: Turn OFF your Phone

Step 2: Press the Bixy button & Power Button at the same time, the phone will boot up. Once you see the Samsun Logo, connect your charger to the phone .

step 3: Leave the phone charged until it gets charged 100% . You can even leave it  charging a little longer even after you see the phone is fully charged. Unplug the phone and probably after that you should not see that error popping up again. 

Please do apologize if this solution did not help you out.  Try it out and let me know.

English8237
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has been doing this for one week. Never been in water. My solution is turn the phone off plug in the charger and it charges. While charging you can turn the phone back on no issues??

What gives, only started after installing latest update.

T200
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's happened to me now. Crazy thing is that it works fine when completely powered off. I can get a full charge with no problems. That leads me to believe it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Come on Samsung... let's fix this thing once and for all.

All Hail The New York Giants!!!
userZvbcgLLgq1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I used this members advice and it has worked so far. FIX THE ISSUE SAMSUNG! I have been a loyal samsung user for 15 years and this may push me to APPLE. If you see a consistent problem FIX IT. There are too many options for consumers for you to NOT CARE. This was not a inexpensive investment. Make it right or start losing customers. 

Sorry thats actually not the right solution . I also encountered the same issue even in safe mode and did not take it to any service center.

The Solution that worked for me :

Step 1: Turn OFF your Phone

Step 2: Press the Bixy button & Power Button at the same time, the phone will boot up. Once you see the Samsun Logo, connect your charger to the phone .

step 3: Leave the phone charged until it gets charged 100% . You can even leave it  charging a little longer even after you see the phone is fully charged. Unplug the phone and probably after that you should not see that error popping up again. 

Please do apologize if this solution did not help you out.  Try it out and let me know.

userPJgqahSc5L
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will it be for free? My device was never near water and it is fairly new...

userRANzM5mIwO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you PLEASE stop with your persistently ign0rant response.  How many times do we need to tell you IT DOESN'T WORK!!   

userRANzM5mIwO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"blowing in the charging port"..... LOL!!   Brilliant...just brilliant!  Samsung can you please give us someone who actually knows something about this problem and can give real answers?

user2CtVam9qqv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exactly same problem and error message.   It began a couple months ago and would come on for an hour or two then go away.  The phone was never wet and I cannot recall any time when water was near charging port.   A few weeks ago the message came in and would not go away.    I cleared cache, reset apps, used hair dryer etc.   Message cleared after two days.   Error message came back a day later.   I reset everything again to no avail.   Factory reset phone at least three times which is major headache to reset all passwords, apps, etc.    Message would not clear out.   Went to Verizon store and they were familiar with the problem.   Told me it's a Samsung bug and they have no fix for it.    The phone was less than six months old and I purchased full insurance coverage so I would not leave until they resolved.   After discussion with manager and calls to Samsung national they agreed to replace my phone.   Telling me the tech support group would fully dismantle my phone and if any sign of moisture was found inside phone the warranty would be voided and I would have to pay full replacement value.    I received new phone via FedEx and sent back old phone.    Tech support contacted me and verified that no moisture discovered in old phone which is exactly what I already knew.    This problem is a bug in the Samsung phone.   Samsung needs to simply replace phones for no charge for this recurring problem.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION
prmdbrl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is no problem with the charger. I checked the charger too. I have been using wireless charger since then. The warning sign is in the phone for last 2 weeks and it isn't going. Does resetting the phone help it as I read some blogs . Most surprising is the fact that i never exposed my phone to any liquid.