cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prmdbrl
Asteroid

Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S9 moisture detected notification is killing me. Never exposed the device on water or any liquid. Any suggestions please.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Galaxy s9 moisture detected wont go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If shaking the device and blowing into the charging port does not work and the notification still occurs in Safe Mode the device would require service repairs. 

123 REPLIES 123
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur if the device is booted in Safe Mode? 

prmdbrl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried in safe mode but still showing 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If shaking the device and blowing into the charging port does not work and the notification still occurs in Safe Mode the device would require service repairs. 

userVgvQzAtJNf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This reply isn't a solution. In the video attached you can find the solution. This is a bug, not a problem tmthat required repair.

usertSSMpA21Tb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What video? 

Having same problem. Tech @ tmobile store has same problem & doesn't have solution. 

userFoNvRRQpzw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  Same issue.  Went on a 7 day trip overseas to a high humidity area and the phone didn't do well going from outside to inside climate-controlled rooms (air conditioning to outside).  I have completed all the online steps to include removing the SIM Tray and looking for the water sticker (which does not appear to exist in my phone).  Samsung does not have a walk-in service in the Washington D.C. area (go figure!), therefore I must send it in.  It's still under warranty.  You must factory reset, remove the SIM Card, and return it with the charger and head phones, but not in the original packaging.  Samsung will send you a shipping label.  If Samsung is unable to fix it, this will be an issue I will take into consideration for transitioning to an iPhone, unfortunately.  No walk-in support to D.C. and a phone which is too sensitive for 110 degree to 68  degree temp changes is a product and the engineering behind it that I don't want to be a part of.  We're paying too much money for something that should be resilient to all the temperatures available that a human being can live in. 

userPvzzggv4rn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is Samsung ignoring this issue!? Phone has NEVER been near water but if it dies completely it can't be recharged because of this moisture warning?? I've barely had this phone 6 months!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you still experience these symptoms if your charge your device in safe mode?

userOLakJyznwj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have now had the same issue twice within 2 weeks. First time it lasted for roughly 2 days and I set the phone in front of a fan. The warning went away. Not even 1 day later it happened again. Now going on 4 days with this moisture warning. Luckly I have the wireless charger but having to bring that bring thing everywhere is a pain. Please help!