JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s9 plus slowing down problem

(Topic created on: 12/14/19 7:01 AM)
Neosiris
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S9

I have a very weird issue, my s9+ gets really slow to the point of not being usable and freezing for over a minute to even open an app, besides getting boiling hot. I havw to restart the phone so it's back to normal. Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening?

94 Replies
DrkStorm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Ive had these issues for the past few months, after factory reseting my phone 3 times im still having these issues. I start with just over 3g of ram after hard restarting and wiping my cache but by the end of the day im at ~600mb hoping there is a fix for this by now 

0 Likes
usergF7j92UJ69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I'm curious if the ultimate fix for the slow down is to factory reset the phone.

I haven't updated to Android Pie because of this yet so perhaps it maybe time for a fresh start?

0 Likes
userPmbKRFUvYM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

I haven't had any of the problems since the new update. I even set the animations faster and there's no freezing or anything.

0 Likes
Samsung_X8zu98p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

Yes I have been having that problem a lot lately.

0 Likes
usertneBDHrLDX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9

I got rid of my S7+ for the same reason. Now my S9+ is doing the same thing. I type faster than the phone can put it on the screen. It becomes laggy. Im going to back up the files on the phone itself and put everything on the external 128 SD Card I have in the phone, erase the phone only and install fresh copys of my apps. Make sure you copy and paste everything onto your home computer via the USB cord right onto your desktop so you see it all. Then do the restore of your phone. 

0 Likes