cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neosiris
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy s9 plus slowing down problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a very weird issue, my s9+ gets really slow to the point of not being usable and freezing for over a minute to even open an app, besides getting boiling hot. I havw to restart the phone so it's back to normal. Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s9 plus slowing down problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all troubleshooting has failed, I recommend getting a service technician to have look at your device.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94
Neosiris
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has this happened to anyone?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, happens a couple times a week. Closing all apps or restart usually fixes it.  

Stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Unlocked Note 10+ (SM-N975U1) on AT&T
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur if the device is booted into Safe Mode? 

Neosiris
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldn't be able to tell because this happens after some days of the device being powered on. I restarted my device yesterday and it's performing normally, after 3 or 4 days it will start slowing down, getting extremely hot to the touch, and flat out unusable. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache partition and making sure all unused apps are closed? 

Neosiris
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How do I clear the cache? And yes, I always close all my apps after I use them.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearing the Cache Partition can be helpful in alleviating errors. To perform this task, start with your phone turned off. Then press and hold down on the volume up button, the power button, and the Bixby button. Hold all three down for about thirty seconds (you may need to hold them a bit longer). This will take you to the Android Recovery menu. Once there, you will use the volume keys to scroll up and down, and the power button to select. Scroll until WIPE CACHE PARTITION is highlighted. Select WIPE CACHE PARTITION. Once the cache is cleared, it will prompt you to restart the phone. Let us know if this is helpful. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Neosiris
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do you recommend doing this or a hard reset?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend beginning with a Soft Reset. 

Perform a Soft Reset

Press and hold the Power+Volume Down buttons for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles. Note: Allow several seconds for the Maintenance Boot Mode screen to appear.

From the Maintenance Boot Mode screen, select Normal Boot. You can use the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the lower left button (below the volume buttons) to select. Also, allow up to 90 seconds for the reset to complete.

Reset app preferences

1. Open Settings app.
  2. Tapp Apps.
  3. Tap More Settings at the upper right (three-dot icon).
  4. Tap Reset app preferences.
  5. Restart your device and check for the bug.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.