cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3K27FVfFMK
Constellation

Galaxy s9 rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this phone 2 days ago. Didnt drop my phone. Didnt puy phone in pocket with change or keys or anything. Somehow glass broke over the camera. Anyone else have this issue. Samsung nor tmobile will replace. I now have topay insurance to fix something that seems like a flawed design. The previous models just have a small piece of glass. The s9 has a longer thinner piece that seems to break very very easily. Any other issues with this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy s9 rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies, if the lens or it's cover are broken or shattered then repairs would be recommended. You're welcome to visit your local uBreakiFix for pricing information. 

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glass is more scratch resistant and has better clarity. On one had I can understand them, they gave you something new, you want to return it with physical damage, and unless there is a widespread camera glass defect issue, they can only assume some kind of force was applied to it to cause the damage. It's not a manufacturing defect, so they won't cover it under warranty. On the other hand of course I feel for you, it's crazy that something like a tiny piece of glass can't just be quickly replaced by one of their authorized repair outlets for a reasonable price. My wife's iPhone 7 Plus' camera glass got cracked, Apple wanted $360 to take care of it, so we ended up filing an insurance claim for $150. $150-360 for a quarter inch round glass cover.

usergJ7hLZqVit
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have seen review after review about it after it happened to me.
userhouVH4eb4O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had mine about 3 weeks and today out of the blue I notice the camera screen is broke same issue this may permanently due me in on Samsung phones .. I should have known not to but a phone that was compleately made of glass ..this is the worst design EVER !!! 

userTrFN5oQwKZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the exact same issue - had mine for 2 weeks rougly and theni noticed the rear camera glass was broken. I went to the Telia shop and they said it was clealy my mistake. I never droppet it, it had no scratches at all and i had it in a seperate pocket.  I tryed getting it replacet with the use of the warranty but nope, they wanted 200 euro to replace the glass ? 

There is clearly some of the phones that have flaws in the glass... Tbh i dont think i will buy a samsung again after this

usercQSomz8ogx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same has happened to my 3 week old S9 plus this week. I've got a gel case that covers all but the camera glass, I've not dropped it and it's too big to have in a pocket with anything else. I'm really disappointed with this flaw and hoping it's not something that will need replacing every few weeks. I previously had an S3, S5 and S7 edge, which were tough reliable phones. I think it's something that should be replaced for free and the issue addressed. It's bound to keep happening to others and then there'll be a recall. It's not acceptable for it to break so easily and means it's not fit for purpose. 

Chyna52
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously, you're not helping the issue any with your snide remarks. For those of us who are experiencing the broken camera lens on our brand new phones without any other physical damage to our devices, this is upsetting, frustrating and expensive. We certainly dont need your 2 cents, unless of course you're paying for all our devices to be fixed. 

No? You're not? Then take the old adage to heart. If you have nothing nice to say, then simply stay quiet.

Thanks. Now run along and mind your business and watch your own phones camera lens. Peace.

user9abaiXBXBg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How often do you actually look at the camera lens cover???

I can easily see how this could go unnoticed for a while. 

userv5JA1js4b4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you use the camera often, and you see the slightest of a smudge you clean the lense often before you take a photo. It's easy to notice if it randomly broke. 

userHoedqg2JQa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had mine two weeks. Same thing!