cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jucko13
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy s9 rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have exactly the same problem. The glass window is broken but its not visible when making pictures.

I've bought my Galaxy S9+ 6 days ago. This is insane that this much people have the same problem!? Is this the new #bendgate? I have not droped it and I'm always very careful with laying the phone on a table. I always lay it down on some kind of cloth.

I hope my ensurance covers this.  

Highlighted
userBo8G2oTyUV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have a circular hole right in front of the camera lens, that may be due to air from inside of the device having to escape.

useriM44iNk0TQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just found it today and this seems to be case. It's an almost perfect circle hole in the lower back camera.

usergJ7hLZqVit
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Then samsung should pay to have it fixed not us.
userGmW2nhMIDL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shocked to find a near-corcular hole where my camera lense is.  Especially since the camera isn't that old and has never been dropped.  I was even more shocked to see that I'm not the only one with this issue.  

Sounds like a manufacturer defect.  Has Samsung addressed this issue anywhere?

useruaphJBEfds
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my phone for less than 24 hours. After a shard fell in my hand I looked at the camera and the glass is broken. I've had 5 phones and never broken a screen or camera. It's in an otterbox case and hasn't been dropped. There is no other way to explain this than poor design or defective glass. Seeing as multiple people are having this issue shortly after purchasing their phone this isn't user caused.

useru5xvYwoeAX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera glass which is covering the lower camera is broken on my 3 weeks old Samsung S9+.  Smiley Sad  I have a Spigen case, therefore the cameraglass is below the surface of the case. It was in my left front packet alone. We need a general solution.

user9m0QUCIMxY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also happened to me.  Had the phone less than 2 weeks, in a protective case, and the camera glass shattered without being dropped.  I only noticed because the phone said to wipe the glass for a better picture.  One of the biggest selling features of the phone is the camera .  To have it rendered useless after two weeks is frustrating to say the least.

I have since had it replaced and now covered it with a protective lens cover, but this covers the fingerprint scanner.  Again, to have a brand new phone that has a feature that is unusable reduces my confidence in Samsung.

atattn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. I've had my phone just over a month and the camera lens is broken in an exact circular hole over the lens and I don't know why. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies, if the lens or it's cover are broken or shattered then repairs would be recommended. You're welcome to visit your local uBreakiFix for pricing information.