cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTPdBuUwM2H
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s9 rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. My phone is less than a week old, and I suddenly noticed yesterday that my camera glass has a circular hole in it. The phone has always been in a protective case, and even so, I haven't dropped it anyway.

userJIQ59ZvAFi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has done the same as yours and it was in a case and never been dropped .The black glass over the lens is totally cracked .

userfyEohQyqQm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine had the same issue. Terrible quality control my samsung.
userfyEohQyqQm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My rear camera glass on the S9+ broke in the first week with minimum use. 

userEcvgbcQJsN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to add another case to this, my s9+ glass also broke right over the 2x lens. Never dropped. Had it since early June.

Makes me think it might be related to temp changes or flexing of the phone over time. Pic is after I removed all the glass, some glue still left. 

I replaced the glass by removing all the shattered stuff and cleaning the glue up with alcohol. Replacement glass is under £5 on ebay. 

To get it repaired by samsung is £76. Rip off. 

userhecy6tpmkr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if the phone is still water proof after replacing the lens?  I know some take the S9 phone scuba diving and I personally have taken it into the pool.  Have you tested after replacing the lens?

userLHdQZ6KBHM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also had same issue, store said that damage was accidental even though my phone has been in a case since day 1. Bad quality control problem.

uservQiEZMSrvg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's only still waterproof if repaired by an authorized retailer. 

userVwh41AYTSP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you shouldn't take it into salt or chlorinated water as this corrodes the charge port and 3.5 mm jack.

Highlighted
userVwh41AYTSP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldn't take it in chlorinated water or salted water as this can corrode the charging port a waterproof case would be the best bet as for the phone being waterproof after repair I would imagine if Samsung fixes it then maybe but my glass broke twice and fixed it my self for less than £5 and definitely wouldn't take it in water.