cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTdQoXr9QZF
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy s9 rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yet another to the growing list of breakages, exactly the same as others, a small perfectly circular hole right in the middle of the camera glass. The phone is in an otterbox defender case. the phone was not dropped, it was in my, otherwise empty, pocket.

Currently working to try and get it replaced under warrenty however I don't like my chances. 

userpNBogkJc15
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to this list! I've had it barely 3 or 4 months and boom. It was in its case all day yesterday, I didnt even take it out to plug into my car for music like I usually do! And it was either in my pocket alone or in my purse with just a wallet. Never dropped it yesterday either. This is ridiculous. If they arent going to cover the cost, I'm going back to apple.

userQZBmLdCvVi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This same just happen to me yesterday. My phone has been in case. Has not been dropped. I sit in the phone holder in my car. I did know my camera was cracked until I took pictures yesterday and they all had some weird glare on them. Turned my phone around to clean the lens and I be it was cracked. I feel like it is something that Samsung should fix as a courtesy to the customer. That's just good customer service. Now I am stuck with a damaged phone that I myself did not damage. I could see if it was my fault in anyway. But it wasn't. I know there are other phone that this could possibly happen to. I will never buy anything Samsung brand again and definitely will not recommend anything Samsung. It  does no good to go to the carrier they won't do anything but suggest filing insurance. Looks like I'm stuck. It's also good to know that I am not the only one this has happened to.

user8HEquK0bWW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same just happened to me on my GS 10+... I almost lost my mind because I am soooooo careful with my phone. Looked like someone shot a BB right in the camera lens. Now Camera cannot focus. It's very disappointing this is still an issue on the GS10+ 

Thrifty Scott
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Misery loves company, I guess.  I had my S9 for almost a year with 0 issues.  Then I noticed the charging port getting loose and it was losing connection.  I got a warranty replacement and 2 days later I see a cracked lens.  SO not happy!! Especially since I keep in in  case that keeps the camera from touching when on it's back and I'm generally very carful with it.

At a least my local repair place can fix it for about $50, I guess that's not too hatefull.  But it is a hastle, and $50 I'd rather still have.

userJE0ZKLEuct
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had same issue within a few days of buying my phone in late November 2018, but it was just a crack and I let it go.  Now it is completely shattered and visible in the pictures. Put phone in a water tight case and went rafting Sunday, but didn't hit it on anything. Can't understand why it's now completely shattered unless pressure caused it??

Highlighted
userkjDY26higC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

71392374_388876672046014_3340391109154045952_n.jpg

Same problem as most here. Have had the phone for 1 month, in use for only 2 weeks since I refuse to use it without a case. Have never dropped it, I don't throw it around, I treat it perfectly - it's the most "flagship" phone I've ever owned. Today I pulled it out of my (phone specific, phone only!) pocket and tapped my fingerprint scanner. Feeling something odd, I flipped it over to find this. The glass has imploded inward. Again like I said, no impact, no punctures. I've never dropped this phone or caused any physical damage. It's absolutely shameful that Samsung has not addressed this issue officially as a manufacturing defect, given the mass of nearly identical stories here. Hoping the cell provider does good by me. Buyers beware of this issue.

PS. to mark this thread as "solved" is a joke. What was provided is not a solution. Address this issue in manufacturing or provide support to those who experience it through a warranty revision.

userCh4OQn0ei2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have the same problem. Mine broke a few weeks after I got it. I had to pay for a repairman to fix it. Then, literally three days after it was fixed, I noticed that it was cracked again!

Now, nothing happened to this phone either time. No drops, no bangs, no bad treatment. I keep it in my front right pocket, as I have done with all my other phones (a period stretching back to the iPhone 3). In all that time, I have NEVER broken anything on a phone; no cracked screens, no scrapes, no anything. Now I can't keep my camera glass intact for more than a few days???

This is a flaw with the phone. To heck with Samsung--I will not buy their phones again.

userua6a9rIhe5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have had my S9+ rear camera lense cover break, circular hole just like everybody else here. I've had my phone for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, I assumed that I must have done something to break it so I bought a new lense cover and installed it. Now, my camera will not focus. What a shame. I'm disgusted.