cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHzO1usJ3EG
Constellation

Re: Galaxy s9 rear camera glass broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue has happened to me and seems like it's happened to alot of other people too by the look of this forum. Is this now a known issue and covered my the manufacturer?

usergJ7hLZqVit
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is still no help sending us to repair the issue that is clearly a defect. Less than a month I have had it. I still have my s8 plus in mint condition with the stickers still on it same as this one.
userPVTIuMOz6h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think samsung purposely made this glass super weak to force people to have to spend money on repairs. It sounds like its happening to everyone with an s9 and s9 plus. Myself included. At $60 to replace this glass, it would  definitely be very profitable for Samsung's new partner ubreakifix. How much of a cut does Samsung get on these sales? I'm a long time Samsung fan but this really makes me consider switching to an iPhone 

userNCcLdihdpF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung likes to suggest that we visit you break it I fix it for repair pricing information. Does this mean if we get pricing information that they will pay for the repair? My phone too has a shattered glass camera cover and yet the phone is in a hard shell case and has never been dropped or misused... This is highly unacceptable for $1,000 phone! 

userw7O2n2cZ1B
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Samsung Gill" -- How is your company going to sell these phones - with an OBVIOUS defect in the glass - ( just look how many pages of this problem there are )--   so youre company sells these phones for $800 - $900 and sticks it to the consumer to pay for the weak glass that is probably positioned wrong or applied with side pressure, or whatever.   These phones are already too much money to expect the buyer to turn around and PAY MORE to fix this crappy glass issue over the back camera.

Samsung should be ashamed of themselves -- taking advantage of their customers who spent obscene amounts of money on their defective phones. I am reporting this to the BBB, the watch dog websites and anyone else who will listen.  AVOID THE S9.

RelaHypnogogic
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definately not a solution, for 38K plus views at this piont, to what looks like a design issue.  Glass to thin to handle even the slightest of bumps while actually in a protective case.  I know exactly when mine broke as I wiped the lens to get a clean picture and the pressure of me wiping it broke it. Pretty sad that if I do get it fixed at suggested locations to think it would most possibly again be broken if I wipe it to clean it again (darn gorrila hands of mine /em sarcasm).  To the future where customers are robbed to their face at least thanks for the possible solution (or advertisement).

Samsung_zPLLmqT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is old post, but thanks for this info. I was starting to worry that I'll have to make a trip to Samsung in LA to fix my broken camera lens. Fresno is so much closer.

useru0jO49kHfw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had mine for 4 full days and just saw the same thing. I haven't dropped it and I've been really careful... I'm hoping Costco will allow to be exchange it. I feel sick to my stomach that it's already damaged after 4 days.

userm6j6Ty3ipM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. Had it about 4 weeks, been really careful then noticed this morning a tiny piece of glass in my pocket. Realised it had come from camera lens cover but honestly it was so wafer thin you could hardly see it! Not surprised it is so weak. I have a really good quality case too. Really unhappy. 

userG8wTgB1T4f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing just happened to me. Mines in an otterbox, I haven't dropped it

I have no idea how it happened.