JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s9 stuck in boot and update loop

(Topic created: 04-19-2020 08:06 AM)
useroWALmYvTQz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My galaxy s9 tried to install the latest update yesterday morning and has been stuck in a loop since. At first, the phone would only update to 35% and then be stuck on that screen. I tried the volume down+power trick to stop the update and that is what started the reboot loop. The screen will light up with the Samsung powered by android logo and then it will turn back off and then repeat. I tried stopping that by pushing the volume up+bixby+power button. That caused it to try and update again. It will install up to 24%-28% and then stop and go back to the boot screen. It will repeat the attempted update 2-3 times before going back to the boot loop. I've tried letting the battery die. That didn't work.  I tried charging it and nothing. Only one time when it tried updating did it pop up with an error screen. The phone has not been physically damaged. I am out of ideas. 

23 Replies
userMVWQIww51k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue with my S8. Please help!

0 Likes
userGfUbqkGH9S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have this issue too! What did you do?

0 Likes
userkBhrNcnEBY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have just had the same issue... I tried to install the latest update on my S9 and it would only update to 28% and got stuck... The phone keeps turning on with the Samsung powered by Android page and then turning off and then repeat... I tried all the tricks to reboot, to turn it off, to re start... Nothing would work... I am quite desperate especially during that lockdown period...

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried performing an update with Smart Switch?

0 Likes