Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sonic65101
Cosmic Ray

Re: Google Play Store Issues After Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried manually verifying that Google Play Store is up-to-date? In Google Play Store, tap on the menu icon, select Settings, then tap on the Version number.

Autobot_69
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same exact problem with my S9+ after the update. The only thing that fixed it was I had to factory reset the phone! Pain in the butt but problem solved.

MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for all the responses, I'm glad everyone is sharing their options for fixing this. Man, I really hope I don't have to factory reset it because that's super annoying. I'd like to know of the issue ever came up again since your factory reset.? I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, cache partition, everything. The 1 thing that works is when I force stop, clear data of the Google Play Store. It does work, but later I have to do it all over again once it stops updating and downloading. I have not tried the logging out of my Google account option yet. I think its ridiculous that Samsung has not done anything about this or tried to help. Thank goodness everyone else is being so helpful. Next time it happens, I'll try logging out of my Google account and see what that does. Thanks everyone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MemeJae These steps have helped someone else, give these steps try: going to the google play store and under settings verify the play store software is up to date. 

MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think some people understand what I mean when I say that I've tried everything. I definitely know how to check and see if the Google Play store is up to date. I do that just about every single day to see if that's the issue. Again, the only thing that helps is clearing the data and cache of the play store but, I have to continually do it though. Which is annoying to no end, I shouldn't have to deal with this issue every day and no one else should either. I see some people keep saying to sign out of my Google account and see if that works. Can anyone elaborate more on this please? I have like a main Google account, but I have like 4 different Google accounts on my phone, so do I log out of those or only my account with the Google play store that's giving me issues? I don't know if any of this is helping the other people with this same annoying issue on their S9 plus, but hopefully it will help someone else solve their play store issues. Again, can someone give me more info on signing out of my Google account, thanks! And after doing this, has this issue stopped completely for other people? Thanks.

userQTF8AID3Y8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues, no solutions I have been able to find yet. I am clearing cache on gmail amd playstore and restarting the phone at least 2x a day to make sure I get my emails.  Absolutely annoying and unacceptable. 

userQTF8AID3Y8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I even did the dreaded factory reset and the same thing is still happening.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tested the phone in Safe Mode? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just want to see if it will work while in Safe mode. If this works, we will know there is an app causing the problem. If it does not work, then we will have to look at other options.