cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

Google Play Store Issues After Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I couldn't find this topic elsewhere on here unless I just missed it..but here's my issue and questions. My Google Play Store was fine on my S9 Plus before the pie software update. No problems with downloading, updating or other things. Anyway, since the Pie update, I have SO many problems downloading and updating any and all apps. I constantly get error codes, 924, etc. Lately, I don't even get a error code, the downloading or updating app just says pending and eventually I have to cancel it because it goes nowhere. Everyday I have to end up going into Applications,  force stopping Google Play Store and Google Play Services and clearing caches and data for 1 or both, restarting phone and play store and then I'm able to download and update once again. Sometimes it will continue to work for the rest of the day, but usually, I have to do that at least 3 times a day everyday if o need to update or download. Are others having these issues and is there a PERMANENT solution or fix, so I won't have to continue to do this regime on a daily basis?? Please help people! Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJxGrojjY93
Constellation

Re: Google Play Store Issues After Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Google play stop after few seconds. I cleared up the chache info as suggested and now google play is working properly again...I hate this software update...

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have not seen any issues with Google Play on my S9 since the upgrade nor have I noticed anyone else mentioning them. Sorry you're dealing with such a sticky problem.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

Did you ever try to clear your "cache partition" after you updated your phone to One UI? 

MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No, Sidd, I hadn't tried that. I know how to and I've been meaning to do so but keep forgetting. I'll try it next time my apps won't download or update. Well, I'll try it today and see how it goes and post back. Thanks for the idea!
userJxGrojjY93
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Google play stop after few seconds. I cleared up the chache info as suggested and now google play is working properly again...I hate this software update...

View solution in original post

userDgwUvbAGAn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and it is a false statement about you are the only one, if I understood the replies. The web is full of the same complaint. I have a S9+ and when I find there's a update. I'll force stop Google restart my phone and the update will download. I have a tab 4 and a tab A. They work fine. The issue must be with the S9 software conflicting with Google. I found also if you clear your data. Your apps lose their previous updates. When you update them they just get the next level update and when the next level update is detected. It's back to download pending. You'll find yourself in a constant loop. I was about to return the S9 until I found the force stopping Google worked for now.

MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
OMG! Thank you so much for replying! I knew I wasn't the only 1 dealing with this updating and downloading apps issue on my S9 plus.! I force close Google too. But I force close other Google apps too. I have force closed Google Play Services, Google Services Frameworks and the Google play store. What I find that works for me is not only force closing Play store but also clearing the data. Then my apps start to update and download again. But, I hate clearing the store data because then I have to redo all my settings in the app for the Google play store. So all of it is super annoying and we shouldn't have to deal with this issue on a daily basis.
userJxGrojjY93
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Experinecing same issues. I could'nt solve it yet

amzoun95
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

try clearing Google play services and Google play apps data and then check if your issue is solved. if that does not work then try logging out and then logging back into your Google account.

amzoun95
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if that does not work then try logging out and then logging back into your Google account. see.