cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Google Search glitches when using Dark Mode

When I click on the text input bar on Google Search (widget or the app itself) and type the first letter, the app glitches (screen blinks) and the keyboard disappears and then reappears very quickly, but any letters that I've typed meanwhile this glitch won't come up, resulting in a mistyped word most of the time, since I'm used to type fast.

https://youtu.be/AE68EZ8YZmY

This bug only happens if I'm using Dark Mode and when I first open the search. If I'm not on Dark Mode and/or I've already opened a search before, it flows perfectly.

This started some days ago. Maybe after the last Android update (march 16th) or some app update. I'm not sure.

I'm using Android 10 (everything up to date, system and apps) on a Samsung Galaxy S9+

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Google Search glitches when using Dark Mode

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

-Give this steps a try for wiping the cache partition on your device: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for answering Adam, but that didn't help.

I did that and nothing happened...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to force stop and clear the cache for the Google app on your device?

-Go to settings > apps > Google > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Did that now, no success... Smiley Sad

(Sorry, I misclicked the Accept as Solution button)

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've noticed the same thing, didn't realize it was dark mode until I read this. Unlocked Note 10, latest update