cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Google assistant doesn't beep or ding on S9+

As of Fri 8/21.20 Google Assistant does not beep or ding any longer when you say OK Google. There must have been an update which Google neglected to test on Samsung phones. I have Samsung S9+, Android 10, UI One 2.1. Ok Google beep worked fine on Thurs 8.20.20. Google must fix this issue on Samsung phones

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Google assistant doesn't beep or ding on S9+

does this have anything to do with text messages no longer notifying. all of mine seems to no longer notify with that update
Highlighted
Asteroid

No it doesn't. I'm talking about Google Assistant. When you say Ok Google to your phone & upon the Assistant opening on the bottom of your phone it should beep, meaning it's listening. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Google deliberately removed the bell. For older android the fix was settings, accessibility, services. With s20 this fix worked but subsequent updates broke it again. S9 you might be ok. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

On S9 it doesn't beep. I hope enough people complain  that Samsung & Google work it ou. t Hearing the beep is a very useful feature. While I'm driving I may say OK Google but I go by the ding that it was heard. This way I don't take my eyes off of road. They better put it back

Highlighted
Constellation

I spent two hours with Samsung trying to figure this out. Samsung had me reset my S8 to the factory settings. Didn't work. thank you for letting me know this. I hope Samsung and Google work it out to put the tones back after saying Hey Google.