cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcintyre
Asteroid

Re: Google search bar customization

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's good to know, thanks for letting us know. 

userDrnB6g9wCU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the 3 dots, went back to the default look, now i'm unable to get the 3 dots back. Can't find out how to customize the widget either. Where did the option go?

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userDrnB6g9wCU, as this app is made by Google, there may have been an update to their app that caused this customization to disappear.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercL2EjWE0vv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the Oreo upgrade on my Galaxy S7 and the three dots to customize the Google search bar are gone. Is this feature gone on Oreo? I had it in Android v7.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercL2EjWE0vv wrote:

I just got the Oreo upgrade on my Galaxy S7 and the three dots to customize the Google search bar are gone. Is this feature gone on Oreo? I had it in Android v7.

yes they are gone.

user2juPGfyM1e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the note 8 and i have the 3 dots on the google widget. Now i got the s9 plus and the 3 dots disappeared. I noticed that on my note the google app was not up to date and i'm not planning on updating however it's updated on my galaxy s9 plus and i wish i could just install an earlier version of the google app... it looks so much better with the 3 dots and customization....

userD0FewNWDzM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note 8 user, latest Google update from June installed. 3 bar menu still available.

Denise
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can I get it unlocked

userYFrYtrH2RL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S7 I disabled google then cleared the cache after that go to apkmirror.com download google beta. Also went back in to play store and signed back up for the beta program 

userstXtYIbEfm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Click the "G" on the left side of the search bar, which will open the Google search app. Near the bottom to the right, there should be a blue house icon w/ 4 gray icons above it. Click on the blue house. Once it takes you to Google home, there should be 5 icons at the bottom, with the first one being the blue house icon. Click the 5th one all the way to the right (the 3 horizontal lines. Then click on customize widget.