cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcintyre
Asteroid

Google search bar customization

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to customize my Google search bar on my home screen however the 3 dots that allow to open customization settings are not there. How can I fix this to customize my search bar?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rbry
Cosmic Ray

Re: Google search bar customization

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found this out, It's something Google has been slowly rolling out since last year.  Some people still don't have it.   Make sure you Google app is up to date, and if it is and still don't have it then Google hasn't "unlocked it" for you.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/19/customizable-google-search-bar-rolls-latest-google-app-beta...

22 REPLIES 22
Rbry
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exact same question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed Google assistant. Don't recall If I had the dots in my search widget prior to this.  

I did see an article that mentions it however.

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-11-hidden-features-you-should-check-out-2018-3

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
jmcintyre
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google assistant is on my phone and I do not have these dots. 

This article is actually what made me look for this feature. 

Rbry
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have assistant and do not have the dots either

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, everyone. Thanks so much for reaching out to us about this.

Is everyone running Oreo?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jmcintyre
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have Oreo. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Trevor,

To my knowledge the s9 and s9+ were only sold with Oreo.   

Unless you guys snuck Nougat in there somewhere.  

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
Rbry
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes sir

Rbry
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found this out, It's something Google has been slowly rolling out since last year.  Some people still don't have it.   Make sure you Google app is up to date, and if it is and still don't have it then Google hasn't "unlocked it" for you.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/19/customizable-google-search-bar-rolls-latest-google-app-beta...